Devoxx, anyone?

Manuel Bernhardt

Sep 14, 2011, 9:23:25 AM9/14/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

just wondering who'll be coming to Devoxx this year?

Seems that there will be at least 3 Play-related sessions:

http://www.devoxx.com/display/DV11/Let%27s+Play%21+with+Scala
http://www.devoxx.com/display/DV11/Deploying%20Java%20&%20Play%20Framework%20Apps%20to%20the%20Cloud
http://www.devoxx.com/display/DV11/HTML5+with+Play+Scala%2C+CoffeeScript+and+Jade

Guillaume: where can we order Play t-shirts?

Cheers!

Manuel

Dominik Dorn

Nov 3, 2011, 5:02:51 PM11/3/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there (but you already knew that!)

I'd like a Play! T-shirt too!

> --

Dominik Dorn
http://dominikdorn.com
http://twitter.com/domdorn

Skripten, Mitschriften, Lernunterlagen, etc. findest Du auf
http://www.studyguru.eu !

Nicolas Leroux

Nov 3, 2011, 5:12:03 PM11/3/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com, play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Actually I am thinking we should have a play gathering like last year. Let me plan that...

Nicolas Leroux

Morten Kjetland

Nov 3, 2011, 6:13:23 PM11/3/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I wish I could come.. Maybe next year.

-morten

Steve Chaloner

Nov 4, 2011, 7:39:32 AM11/4/11
to play-framework
I couldn't get time away from work, so I didn't get tickets this
year...but happily I live about 45 minutes from Antwerpen so if anyone
wants to meet in the evening, let me know.

T-shirts sound good, I'm running out of geekwear!

On Nov 3, 11:13 pm, Morten Kjetland <m...@kjetland.com> wrote:
> I wish I could come.. Maybe next year.
>
> -morten
>
> On Thu, Nov 3, 2011 at 10:12 PM, Nicolas Leroux <leroux.nico...@gmail.com>wrote:
>

> > Actually I am thinking we should have a play gathering like last year. Let
> > me plan that...
>
> > Nicolas Leroux
>
> > On 3 nov. 2011, at 22:02, Dominik Dorn <dominik.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I'll be there (but you already knew that!)
>
> > > I'd like a Play! T-shirt too!

> >http://www.devoxx.com/display/DV11/Deploying%20Java%20&%20Play%20Fram...
>
> >http://www.devoxx.com/display/DV11/HTML5+with+Play+Scala%2C+CoffeeScr...

Dominik Dorn

Nov 4, 2011, 6:45:09 PM11/4/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

sas

Nov 4, 2011, 8:28:47 PM11/4/11
to play-framework
in fact there are 4 play related sessions

http://www.devoxx.com/display/DV11/Play+2.0%2C+a+Web+framework+for+a+new+era

you missed guillaume's presentation of play 2.0

let us know as soon as they are available on line

saludos and good luck

sas

On 4 nov, 19:45, Dominik Dorn <dominik.d...@gmail.com> wrote:
> There's a devoxx party, get your tickets while they're hot!
>
> http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2412608176/?invite=&err=29&referrer=&...
> Dominik Dornhttp://dominikdorn.comhttp://twitter.com/domdorn

Nicolas Leroux

Nov 7, 2011, 11:05:23 AM11/7/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I propose a playframework meetup on Wednesday at the AXXES Café (2min from the conference) at 20h.

A more formal invitation will follow, so watch our blog at www.lunatech-research.com ;)

Nicolas

Manuel Bernhardt

Nov 7, 2011, 11:40:33 AM11/7/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
> http://www.devoxx.com/display/DV11/Play+2.0%2C+a+Web+framework+for+a+new+era>> you missed guillaume's presentation of play 2.0
Yupp, that one is only a few days old actually. Great there is one!

> let us know as soon as they are available on line

These will be available via parleys.com I believe after the conference.

Manuel

Anand Nair

Nov 7, 2011, 12:00:19 PM11/7/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
For those who are remote and can't attend are there plans to make the session presentation online?
Some people Succeed because they are Destined to But, most people Succeed because they are Determined to!

Steve Chaloner

Nov 7, 2011, 2:53:17 PM11/7/11
to play-framework
Not at Cafe Kulminator? Bummer :)

On Nov 7, 5:05 pm, Nicolas Leroux <leroux.nico...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I propose a playframework meetup on Wednesday at the AXXES Café (2min from the conference) at 20h.
>
> A more formal invitation will follow, so watch our blog atwww.lunatech-research.com;)
>
> Nicolas
>
> On Nov 5, 2011, at 1:28 AM, sas wrote:
>

> > in fact there are 4 play related sessions
>
> >http://www.devoxx.com/display/DV11/Play+2.0%2C+a+Web+framework+for+a+...

Nicolas Leroux

Nov 7, 2011, 2:54:25 PM11/7/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Well I will probably be there on Tuesday and it is not easily accessible from Metropolis...

Nicolas

Steve Chaloner

Nov 7, 2011, 5:03:08 PM11/7/11
to play-framework
But you're not thinking about me. Me. ME!

As soon as I know the details, i'll square a night off with my wife
and be there :)

- Steve

Manuel Bernhardt

Nov 8, 2011, 8:03:08 AM11/8/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
All Devoxx talks will be online after the conference (though there is
a fee for a yearly subscription).
But the sessions will be streamed live on http://www.parleys.com/

Manuel

Steve Chaloner

Nov 10, 2011, 4:31:10 PM11/10/11
to play-framework
Any word on the meet-up? Wednesday is a problem, but I can be in
Antwerpen on Monday, Tuesday or Thursday if anyone wants to meet for a
beer?

On Nov 8, 2:03 pm, Manuel Bernhardt <bernhardt.man...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> AllDevoxxtalks will be online after the conference (though there is
> a fee for a yearly subscription).
> But the sessions will be streamed live onhttp://www.parleys.com/
>
> Manuel
>

> On Mon, Nov 7, 2011 at 6:00 PM, Anand Nair <ana...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > For those who are remote and can't attend are there plans to make the
> > session presentation online?

> >> Yupp, that one is only a few days old actually. Great there is one!
>
> >> These will be available via parleys.com I believe after the conference.
>
> >> Manuel

Nicolas Leroux

Nov 10, 2011, 4:35:05 PM11/10/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com, play-framework
Let's do it in Thursday then. I will post something tomorrow if I don mind, I just came back from a 4 days trip...

Nicolas Leroux

Steve Chaloner

Nov 10, 2011, 5:36:39 PM11/10/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Sounds like a plan. Will see as many of you there as possible!

Nicolas Leroux

Nov 11, 2011, 5:43:10 AM11/11/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi Player,

I proposed that we meet at the cafe Axxes on the Thursday 17 of November at 20h00. This is closed to the Devoxx venue, so it will really be easy to find. If you have any other suggestions, send a tweet at @NicolasLeroux

See you there,

Nicolas

On Nov 10, 2011, at 11:36 PM, Steve Chaloner wrote:

> Sounds like a plan. Will see as many of you there as possible!
>

> --

> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msg/play-framework/-/xJc619MWUyQJ.

Dominik Dorn

Nov 11, 2011, 6:14:57 AM11/11/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
on thursday, there's already the devoxx party
http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2412608176

Nicolas Leroux

Nov 11, 2011, 6:21:29 AM11/11/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Yes but it is an 22h00, that gives us 2h to meet up.

Nicolas

Dominik Dorn

Nov 11, 2011, 7:22:59 AM11/11/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
but the movie... don't forget about the movie!!! ;)

just kidding

Manuel Bernhardt

Nov 11, 2011, 12:51:55 PM11/11/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

laguiz

Nov 12, 2011, 6:08:20 AM11/12/11
to play-framework
Yay sounds good. Will be there :-).

On Nov 11, 6:51 pm, Manuel Bernhardt <bernhardt.man...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Which Axxes cafe do you mean? This one? (I don't get why google maps
> doesn't have nicer URLs at their disposal, btw)
>
> http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Axxes+ant...
>
> Manuel
>
> On Fri, Nov 11, 2011 at 11:43 AM, Nicolas Leroux
>

> <leroux.nico...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Player,
>
> > I proposed that we meet at the cafe Axxes on the Thursday 17 of November at 20h00. This is closed to the Devoxx venue, so it will really be easy to find. If you have any other suggestions, send a tweet at @NicolasLeroux
>
> > See you there,
>
> > Nicolas
>
> > On Nov 10, 2011, at 11:36 PM, Steve Chaloner wrote:
>
> >> Sounds like a plan.  Will see as many of you there as possible!

Peter Hilton - committer (Lunatech)

Nov 14, 2011, 9:41:41 AM11/14/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Manuel’s Google Maps link has the wrong location (blame bad address data in Google Maps).

The cafe is in the same building as Devoxx. To get there from the conference, leave through the main entrance, turn right, follow the building around to the right, and take the outside steps up to the cafe’s first-floor entrance. Locations:

AXXES Café:

Devoxx main entrance:

Manuel Bernhardt

Nov 14, 2011, 4:12:56 PM11/14/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Peter, saw the place today when leaving the building. Google
Maps doesn't know it apparently.

Any Players already in town?

Manuel

> --
> "play-framework" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/play-framework/-/DseTfystrBUJ.

Peter Hilton - committer (Lunatech)

Nov 15, 2011, 6:08:17 AM11/15/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, 14 November 2011 22:12:56 UTC+1, Manuel Bernhardt wrote:

Any Players already in town?

There were reports of Guillaume Bort, Sadek Drobi and Nicolas Martignole already being in town yesterday, but Nicolas is likely to be cagey about his evening plans after last year's Twitter flash mob incident.

Nicolas Leroux and a few other Lunatech people will be there for this evening's BOF. Unfortunately, I can't make it to Devoxx at all this year (because I'm performing in two classical music concerts in the Netherlands this week).

Manuel Bernhardt

Nov 15, 2011, 6:29:15 AM11/15/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Peter,

I will try to keep my eyes open - it's a massive crowd here.

Manuel

> --
> "play-framework" group.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/play-framework/-/FIuCQfGoaxwJ.

Steve Chaloner

Nov 15, 2011, 7:23:26 AM11/15/11
to play-framework
I'll be in Antwerpen before the meet-up at 8 (should get there around
7) if anyone fancies a beer in advance?

Manuel - did you get my mobile number?

On Nov 15, 12:29 pm, Manuel Bernhardt <bernhardt.man...@gmail.com>

Dominik Dorn

Nov 15, 2011, 2:19:43 PM11/15/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
most of you are probably at the play! with scala bof right now... as I
can't attend that,
I'll be at the kelly's pub (next to beer central) later.. around 10/11 ;)

hope to see ya!

dominik