Running play applications with daemons

Gaëtan Renaudeau

Oct 17, 2011, 4:59:11 AM10/17/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi play users,

Some of you are maybe using ArchLinux server to run your play applications?

Months ago I've made a AUR playframework package for yaourt package manager to help you easily install Play Framework. The benefit is also to have an updated play version and a playframework more compliant with some Linux conventions (installation in /usr/share) and provides bash_completion and some daemons scripts (you could use or not).

I have tried to make daemons as simple as possible, all is explain in the ArchLinux playframework wiki : https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Play_framework
To summary, adding a new play daemons is just: linking the daemon script (ln -s) + adding a conf file defining 3 variables (play app path, user to run play, play params to run with)

Yesterday, I've made a video to demonstrate how easy it is to use Play Framework and configure different daemon servers on your ArchLinux. It also shows how to configure nginx as a proxy frontend server. http://blog.greweb.fr/2011/10/how-to-deploy-your-play-applications-on-archlinux-with-daemons/

Feel free to contribute to the AUR package https://github.com/gre/play-packages or to improve the ArchLinux wiki https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Play_framework .

i'm looking forward to reading your feedbacks.
Regards,
--
Gaëtan Renaudeau