Play, Scala, and IntelliJ

Stevo

Nov 20, 2010, 8:53:21 AM11/20/10
to play-framework
I'm going through the Play Yabe tutorial for Scala, have run 'play
idealize yabe-with-scala', and everything initially comes up great in
IntelliJ. Unfortunately, a little bit of digging begins to turn up
what are apparently dependency issues. For example, in Application,
'def index = Template' cannot be resolved, and when I go to create a
User model, IntelliJ similarly cannot resolve things like the
'@Entity' annotation. I've checked the dependencies for my module and
they are as follows:

jvm 1.6
myProject/lib
play1.1/framework/lib
play.jar
scala 2.8.1

Is there something obvious missing?

Let me know and best regards,

Steve

Marcello Bastéa-Forte

Nov 21, 2010, 4:47:11 PM11/21/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
My experience is that even though IntelliJ can't find Template, the code still works through Play. It similarly doesn't find "Action."

I don't know if it's an IntelliJ/Scala Plugin bug, or a bug in Play.

Marcello

Guillaume Bort

Nov 22, 2010, 5:58:07 AM11/22/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
It's an IntelliJ limitation.

--
Guillaume Bort, http://guillaume.bort.fr

For anything work-related, use g...@zenexity.fr; for everything else,
write guillau...@gmail.com

Marcello Bastéa-Forte

Nov 22, 2010, 11:10:24 AM11/22/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Could you describe the problem in a little more detail so we could submit a bug report to Jetbrains? Is there a smaller self-contained reproducible case that doesn't depend on the Play framework?

Marcello

Guillaume Bort

Nov 22, 2010, 12:57:34 PM11/22/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
The scala module defines some types in package objects. Package
objects have been introduced in Scala 2.8. I don't use IntelliJ
myself. Can you make a try yourself:

http://www.artima.com/scalazine/articles/package_objects.html

On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:10 PM, Marcello Bastéa-Forte