CRUD routes specifies {<\d+>id} constraint

Dave Cheong

Oct 10, 2010, 8:56:28 AM10/10/10
to play-framework
Hi,

I'm adding support for CRUD to the Objectify module. It's going well,
but I've encountered a problem with the default routes config. In the
CRUD module, I notice that the routes are constrained to {<\d+>id}. Is
there a reason why this is so? GAE datastore keys are generally
represented as encdoed Strings (especially for nested entities).

I know I could define my own routes, but doesn't seem to make sense
for the normal scenario. Help.

thanks,
dave

Pascal Voitot Dev

Oct 10, 2010, 11:02:42 AM10/10/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

Hi, I've "crudified" Siena module also.
I removed this {<\d+>id} constraint as keys can be something else than long Ids...

You can have a look at the crudsiena module code if needed.

regards
Pascal

thanks,
dave

Dave Cheong

Oct 10, 2010, 3:59:49 PM10/10/10
to play-framework
Thanks for the reply. I'll take a look at the crudsiena module in more
detail. From initial impressions, it looks like you've had to build
parallel CRUD functionality in the module code. I'm hoping to avoid
this. In 1.1, Play lets you build support for custom persistence
engines via the Model and Model.Factory api. This works (so far with
my simple use cases) with a few minor caveats.

dave

On Oct 11, 2:02 am, Pascal Voitot Dev <pascal.voitot....@gmail.com>
wrote:
> > .

Pascal Voitot Dev

Oct 10, 2010, 5:07:40 PM10/10/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I've just overriden the JpaSupport class...
And some views...
And I have also enhanced the Crud with some stuff such as DateTime picker...

anyway, I should test it with 1.1 when I find 5mn...