Web UI for Jobs and RabbitMQ

felipera

Apr 28, 2011, 7:59:17 AM4/28/11
to play-framework
Hi guys,

Hope you are all doing well.

I am working on a project that's requiring me to create an interface
for Jobs. It currently lists instances of play.jobs.Job available w/
some information I gathered from Play's JobsPlugin.java, and it allows
a manual trigger on a specific job. I think I might have to add some
stats and some historical information. I wrote it as a separate module
and open sourced the code on Github. Should I request it to be added
to the list of Play! modules? Do you guys think it will be usual for
anyone?

Live Demo:
http://playjobs.mashup.fm/@jobs (Web UI)
http://playjobs.mashup.fm/rest/jobs/list (REST/JSON interface to be
hooked into Nagios)

I also got a RabbitMQ module out (http://geeks.aretotally.in/rabbitmq-
module-for-play-framework), please let me know what you guys think. I
got a couple of requests to handle Elastic Search events using a Queue
solution so that's why I created the RabbitMQ module.

Have a great one everyone - Thank you for the feedback!
Felipe

ps: By the way Ike is doing a talk about Play! on NYC's JavaSIG
tonight, I will be there. Whoever is around should def stop by.

Pascal Voitot Dev

Apr 28, 2011, 8:14:31 AM4/28/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
The question should be : why wouldn't we need this??? :)
It's a great tool :D

IMO, Should be added to Play with @db!

thanks
Pascal

felipera

Apr 28, 2011, 9:10:40 AM4/28/11
to play-framework
That's great to hear, I am pushing this client to request more
features, hopefully it's gonna happen so I can spend more time on it.
It's been difficult lately since I am slammed with a terrible project
that never seems to end.

Play guys, should I add it as a module or as part of Play's core and
request a pull?

Thank you,
Felipe

On Apr 28, 8:14 am, Pascal Voitot Dev <pascal.voitot....@gmail.com>
wrote:
> The question should be : why wouldn't we need this??? :)
> It's a great tool :D
>
> IMO, Should be added to Play with @db!
>
> thanks
> Pascal
>

> On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 1:59 PM, felipera <felip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi guys,
>
> > Hope you are all doing well.
>
> > I am working on a project that's requiring me to create an interface
> > for Jobs. It currently lists instances of play.jobs.Job available w/
> > some information I gathered from Play's JobsPlugin.java, and it allows
> > a manual trigger on a specific job. I think I might have to add some
> > stats and some historical information. I wrote it as a separate module
> > and open sourced the code on Github. Should I request it to be added
> > to the list of Play! modules? Do you guys think it will be usual for
> > anyone?
>
> > Live Demo:
> >http://playjobs.mashup.fm/@jobs(Web UI)
> >http://playjobs.mashup.fm/rest/jobs/list(REST/JSON interface to be

Olivier Refalo

Apr 28, 2011, 9:24:32 AM4/28/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
It looks great, and would be a nice addition

felipera

Apr 28, 2011, 9:56:04 AM4/28/11
to play-framework
I can't take the credit for the looks, we all know that's Zencontact's
look & feel. :)

mainframezen

Apr 28, 2011, 11:40:01 AM4/28/11
to play-framework
I vote for tho both to be added. Nice.

Ike

Apr 28, 2011, 1:52:01 PM4/28/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I vote for making the Job console part of core. But I would probably revise the Look and Feel to make it blend a bit better with stock Play.

cyrille giquello

Apr 28, 2011, 3:34:33 PM4/28/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
2011/4/28 Ike <ike...@gmail.com>:

> I vote for making the Job console part of core.

+1

Fehmi Can SAĞLAM

Apr 28, 2011, 5:17:03 PM4/28/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
4/28/11 10:34 PM, cyrille giquello yazmış:

> 2011/4/28 Ike<ike...@gmail.com>:
>> I vote for making the Job console part of core.
> +1

+1

felipera

Apr 28, 2011, 5:21:23 PM4/28/11
to play-framework
That's a good idea. Thank you for the support everyone!
I just added the ability to fire off concurrent instances of a job by
the way.

Ike, I am just waiting for this conference call to end so I can leave
for your Play! presentation, looking forward to meet you.

Felipe

sas

Apr 29, 2011, 2:36:45 AM4/29/11
to play-framework

+1, yes, agree

felipera

Apr 29, 2011, 9:05:26 AM4/29/11
to play-framework
Wow I am very surprised and happy about the super positive feedback,
thank you very much!
I guess, whenever I have a sec, I will add to the core and request a
pull, then let them figure out what they want to do with it.

Have a great Friday!

Guillaume Bort

Apr 29, 2011, 4:38:37 PM4/29/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
I'm working on a generic console for Play application that can contain
several plugins. And of course we can include this as a plugin.

Guillaume Bort, http://guillaume.bort.fr