Play + Maven issue???

Thamizh Arasu

Sep 8, 2010, 2:18:02 PM9/8/10
to play-framework
Hi,

I followed the documentation over here to configure maven in play
1.0.3.2. The "play install maven" installs only maven-head and the
next step talks about configuring maven module in your sample
application, rest of the commands fail for me.

We would like to setup dependency management for some of our jars and
automate war creation using maven. This should help us automate
running additional tests or create nightly builds. Does this module
work for others?

- Tham

wyz

Sep 8, 2010, 10:27:53 PM9/8/10
to play-framework
Hi,

May I know which command fail for you and the error message?

I have updated Maven module's description to set expectation correct:

Expected behavior this module:

1. Allow declaration dependencies in pom.xml, without putting
explicitly unless the transitive dependency does not work (for older
version or depending on undesirable big jar file)

2. Able to download all dependencies not provided by Play into lib
folder, with src and javadoc

3. Able to download source/javadoc artifiacts to depsrc folder for
declared or transitive dependency which is provided by Play, for
easier debugging (using command mvn:play-src)

There is something I am consciously trying to avoid:
1. Long download time.
2. Handle classpath.
3. Change Play's structure.

i...@dario.im is using this module with modification (his own fork of my
module).

wyz

canavar

Oct 4, 2010, 7:48:23 PM10/4/10
to play-framework
the same for me here. when i execute

play mvn:init

i got

Invalid command: mvn:init

i have installed the module with this command and activated it in my
application.conf.
what may be the problem?

On 9 Eylül, 05:27, wyz <wangyiz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> May I know which command fail for you and the error message?
>
> I have updatedMavenmodule's description to set expectation correct:
>
> Expected behavior this module:
>
> 1. Allow declaration dependencies in pom.xml, without putting
> explicitly unless the transitive dependency does not work (for older
> version or depending on undesirable big jar file)
>
> 2. Able to download all dependencies not provided by Play into lib
> folder, with src and javadoc
>
> 3. Able to download source/javadoc artifiacts to depsrc folder for
> declared or transitive dependency which is provided by Play, for
> easier debugging (using command mvn:play-src)
>
> There is something I am consciously trying to avoid:
> 1. Long download time.
> 2. Handle classpath.
> 3. Change Play's structure.
>
> i...@dario.im is using this module with modification (his own fork of my
> module).
>
> wyz
>
> On Sep 9, 2:18 am, Thamizh Arasu <thamizh.s.ar...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
>
> > I followed the documentation over here to configuremavenin play
> > 1.0.3.2. The "play installmaven" installs onlymaven-head and the
> > next step talks about configuringmavenmodule in your sample
> > application, rest of the commands fail for me.
>
> > We would like to setup dependency management for some of our jars and
> > automate war creation usingmaven. This should help us automate

SammyRulez

Nov 3, 2010, 4:49:09 AM11/3/10
to play-framework
the same happens here.