Migrate module

The Dave

Feb 26, 2010, 4:09:24 PM2/26/10
to play-framework
Hi all!

I'm new to Play! and think it's fantastic!

* I implemented a database 'migrate' module, which allows developers
to maintain migration scripts for one or more databases. The module
is implemented solely in python and
* module name: migrate
* Short description: Migrate module for the Play! framework. This
module allows you to easily maintain database versions for your
project.
* My project is hosted on gitHub at this URL: http://github.com/dcardon/play-migrate
* My OpenID is: http://dcardon.myopenid.com/

Thanks! I hope this module is useful to other Play! users.

--David Cardon

Ω Alisson

Feb 26, 2010, 6:54:04 PM2/26/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Wow, this is really cool!

Nicolas Leroux

Feb 27, 2010, 3:58:06 AM2/27/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Thank you very much for the module, it looks really useful.
I have added your module to the module repository. You should be able to upload it now.

Nicolas

PS: there is a typo in the doc with module.pdf instead of module.migrate ;)

Guillaume Bort

Feb 27, 2010, 5:02:08 AM2/27/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Also I think that if you manage your database schema this way you
should disable the automatic schema creation by setting jpa.ddl=none
or jpa.ddl=validate, right?

Perhaps it could be good to add this point to the documentation.

The Dave

Feb 27, 2010, 7:05:21 PM2/27/10
to play-framework
Thanks all--very good suggestions.

I've made the changes and uploaded the first version. Looks pretty
good, but I think I might have to tweaks the docs a little more (just
for formatting).

--David