[ANN] akka module for The Play! Framework

瀏覽次數:21 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

dustin....@gmail.com

未讀,
2010年4月9日 下午3:57:172010/4/9
收件者:akka...@googlegroups.com、play-fr...@googlegroups.com
All,

I'm pleased to announce the initial release of the akka module for The Play! Framework! To install it, download and install play 1.1r842 (that's a nightly build, as the Scala support is in the works: http://download.playframework.org/1.1-nightly/play-1.1-unstable-r842.zip), then it's a simple matter of:

play install scala-head
play install akka-head
play new myNewApp --with scala-head,akka-head
cd myNewApp
play akka:run

And you're off! There are more detailed instructions here: http://github.com/dwhitney/akka/blob/master/README.textile and there are three screencasts

Screencast One for the akka module for The Play! framework: http://vimeo.com/10764693

Screencast Two for the akka Play! Module. Rudimentary Actors: http://vimeo.com/10792173

**watch the third one if nothing else!**
Screencast Three for the akka Play! module. Remote Actors: http://vimeo.com/10793443

I'd like to thank Peter Hausel for his advice in getting this started, and we're both going to work on improving this with future releases!

Dustin

Claus Guttesen

未讀,
2010年4月9日 下午4:05:372010/4/9
收件者:play-fr...@googlegroups.com
> I'm pleased to announce the initial release of the akka module for The Play!
> Framework! To install it, download and install play 1.1r842 (that's a
> nightly build, as the Scala support is in the works:
> http://download.playframework.org/1.1-nightly/play-1.1-unstable-r842.zip),
> then it's a simple matter of:

Awesome. Saw your screen cast and it's (as you also mention) a
somewhat synthetic example but shows the point.

Akka supports cassandra, mongodb and resin. Can play support those
storage engines indirectly by utilizing akka in play?

--
regards
Claus

the gentler gamester is the soonest winner.

Shakespeare

twitter.com/kometen

Dustin Whitney

未讀,
2010年4月9日 下午4:10:362010/4/9
收件者:play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Redis, I think you mean, and yes, the jars are included with the distribution, and all of the blog posts out there explaining how it works, should work too.

I had a discussion on whether or not to include the mongo jars with Peter Hausel, as to not conflict with the mongo module. Ultimately I decided to include the jars.  We'll work with the author of that module to make sure it's fully compatible in the future.

Dustin

回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄