Eclispe-launch and plugins

GrailsDeveloper

Aug 8, 2010, 9:30:09 AM8/8/10
to play-framework
Hi,
today I played a little bit with the possibilities of plugins. It was
the first time I tried to debug the framework so I started the whole
stuff with the launch-configuration of eclipse.
I struggled because my plugin was loaded twice. The reason was, that
the file play.plugins founded in the source-folder of my module and a
copied version in "eclipse/classes/play.plugins". The solution is to
set in the Preferences -> Java -> Compiler -> Building "filtered
resources" to "*.launch, play.plugins". Ok this could be easily added
to documentation. Not so easy to eclipsify.

But after thinking little bit about the constellation I get a couple
of question?
1. Could I get trouble with the compiled classes, because they are not
enhanced? Then the eclipsify command should change. Or will the
classes enhanced while loading them? I don't analyse the code in
ApplicationClassloader in detail.

2. Why was the plugin loaded twice? Is there a useful scenario or
should be a filter to make this impossible?

What are you thinking?

Niels

GrailsDeveloper

Aug 10, 2010, 11:47:31 AM8/10/10
to play-framework
Nobody any thoughts?

GrailsDeveloper

Aug 13, 2010, 7:02:57 AM8/13/10
to play-framework
Should I add some information about the classpath in eclipse-launch,
so that the developer who is responsible for the play-classloader can
understand the problem?
Niels

On 10 Aug., 17:47, GrailsDeveloper <opensourc...@googlemail.com>

Guillaume Bort

Aug 13, 2010, 11:05:14 AM8/13/10
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
No I see the problem.

> --

Guillaume Bort, http://guillaume.bort.fr

For anything work-related, use g...@zenexity.fr; for everything else,
write guillau...@gmail.com

GrailsDeveloper

Aug 13, 2010, 3:09:49 PM8/13/10
to play-framework
Ok if you say it's a problem, I created a bug #617545 so it's easier
to track for you.
I would really appreciate if you could could give in the future
directly a feedback, like
"it's a problem please raise an issue."
I'm understand that you are very busy specially at the moment, but
it's frustrating to ask a question and get the feeling no one read it.
I try to answer as many questions as possible for me, to give you more
time for your excellent work on the framework.

Niels