Re: A bash completion for play

Julien Nicoulaud

Jul 25, 2011, 3:42:45 PM7/25/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

Cheers,
Julien

On 27 oct 2009, 10:56, Gaetan Renaudeau <g...@zenexity.fr> wrote:
> Hello everyone.
> I have written a bash_completion script for Play! framework.
> It enable users to auto-suggest and auto-complete a play command with
> TAB key.
> For the first argument, play options are complete.
> For the second argument (if the first is not the help option), valid
> play application directory are complete.
> ( For the moment, a valid play application directory is a directory
> which has app/ conf/ and public/ but we can improve that later )
> Regards,
> Gaetan

Gaëtan Renaudeau

Jul 25, 2011, 5:03:53 PM7/25/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Is there a way to merge your Zsh completion with the bash autocompletion plugin?

It would be much better for maintainability, even now, we met some difficulties to make the bash completion up to date.
I mean, are Zsh and Bash autocompletion system very different or is there a common way to do it?

Regards,
gre

Post-scriptum: BTW the last version of bash completion is available in play or here https://github.com/gre/Play-completion .

2011/7/25 Julien Nicoulaud <julien.n...@gmail.com>

site professionnel: http://gaetanrenaudeau.fr
blog: http://blog.greweb.fr
twitter: http://twitter.com/greweb
IM: grena...@gmail.com

Julien Nicoulaud

Jul 25, 2011, 5:20:29 PM7/25/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
No, unfortunately, the two systems are very different. Actually, Zsh users should be able to use the Bash completion script because Zsh provides a facility for using bash-completion scripts, but the "native" one I provided is much more powerful, and would be very hard to write for bash-completion.

Is it really an issue to have two different scripts ? I guess commands and options do not change a lot.

Regards,
Julien

canavar

Jul 28, 2011, 4:36:13 PM7/28/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com

Hi, how can one use the bash completion plugin? Could you provide any links?

Julien Nicoulaud

Jul 31, 2011, 11:07:41 AM7/31/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
Just put it in $BASH_COMPLETION_DIR (usually /etc/bash_completion.d)

Fehmi Can SAĞLAM

Aug 1, 2011, 6:49:00 AM8/1/11
to play-fr...@googlegroups.com
This script is a life saver:) Thank you very much.