Assemblyman Katz Busted for Marijuana Possession and Speeding

Jeff Green

Mar 15, 2013, 5:14:05 PM3/15/13
to Brewster, Patterson 12563, PlanPutnam

The great Tea Bag Conservative is apparently not all that law abiding. Pot and speeding. Sweet. Let's see how he votes on the legalization bill coming later this year...

Assemblyman busted for speeding, marijuana possession

Katz (file)

COEYMANS – State Police have arrested Assemblyman Stephen Katz (R-Yorktown) and charged with speeding an unlawful possession of marijuana.

Troopers arrested Katz at 10 a.m. on Thursday, March 14 following a traffic stop on the Thruway in the Town of Coeymans.

Katz was pulled over while driving 80 mph in a posted 65 mph zone on the northbound Thruway.

After police noted a smell of marijuana, they found Katz in possession of a small bag of pot.

He was released on an appearance ticket to appear in Coeymans Town Court.

Katz issued a statement calling his arrest an “unfortunate incident.” He said he would not let it “impede my public service and my calls for real mandate relief, a better economic climate and better services for those in need in New York.”

Katz said the incident “should not overshadow the work I have done over the years for the public and my constituency.”

http://midhudsonnews.com/News/2013/March/15/KatzS_arr-15Mar13.htm