Pixie 1.04 Alpha released!

Tony

Mar 10, 2010, 7:02:50 AM3/10/10
to Pixie
Hi all,
After three months of development, Pixie 1.04 is available for
download :

http://groups.google.com/group/pixie-cms/web/pixie_v1.04a.zip

the sha256 checksum for the archive is :

79e0a74125eeb18ec53e89366cddb454e8012e3d95f3858d9cbda50a44b7ba00

Many bug fixes and improvements have gone into Pixie 1.04 and this
alpha release is a pre-release designed for testers and those
interested in Pixie 1.04's improvements.

Please note that there are no upgrades available with this alpha and
it is not possible to upgrade your existing Pixie site using this
alpha release yet. We would appreciate that you test this release by
installing it a fresh. Upgrades will become available with the beta
release, which will soon follow this alpha depending on the amount of
bugs found.
We are not providing upgrades yet because we don't want to deal with
any bug reports for that at this time.

You can find a working demo of Pixie 1.04a and a more complete release
announcement here :

http://heydojo.co.cc/

The one important change, which isn't mentioned on there is that Pixie
has much better support for php 5. So if your server runs php 5, this
release should certainly interest you.

Please report any bugs you find either directly in this thread or on
the bug tracker marked as Pixie 1.04 ALPHA.

As long as there are no major problems found in this alpha, a beta
version should become available within a week.

I hope that this release is a step forward for Pixie. Many thanks to
the Pixie developers, Scott, Sam and Isa for making this release
possible.

Your reports and feedback are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tony

dExIT

Mar 10, 2010, 8:02:26 AM3/10/10
to Pixie
Umm... what about the en-gb lang file, could you please tell me if
there were any changes, if there were any
could you just point out them ?

Because i seriusly dont want to re-translate, or copy paste. But IF
there are major changes then say so.. :)
Ohh and blocks made on 1.03 should work on 1.04a ? right ?

Tony

Mar 10, 2010, 9:18:23 AM3/10/10
to Pixie

Hi dExIT,
The language files have changed but most importantly for you, your
language file is included in the release. I don't believe that you
have to translate anything.
Yes old modules and blocks work fine, however we are working on a code
standard to guide everyone on how to write good code for Pixie in the
future :

http://code.google.com/p/pixie-cms/wiki/DevelopingPixie

It is a working draft but many of the ideas are sound. We (The
developers) Just need to agree on them before they are applied to the
whole of the Pixie code base.
Those ideas will then be applied to modules and blocks if they are
approved.
So if you are writing or rewriting a module, those proposals may
proove useful.

Also, just for the record, the permalink for the release announcement
is :

http://heydojo.co.cc/blog/permalink/pixie-version-104-alpha/

Thanks,
Tony

Scott

Mar 15, 2010, 7:36:20 AM3/15/10
to Pixie
Tony - this is great. Just about to get testing. I have made a post to
the blog to get other people testing:

http://www.getpixie.co.uk/blog/permalink/pixie-104-alpha-lets-get-testing/

Will let you know how I get on.

Scott

dExIT

Mar 15, 2010, 7:51:25 AM3/15/10
to Pixie
well about the languages there are glitches here and there with the
encoding, there are places where Ž Š Ņ Ļ Ķ Ņ Ū Ļ and so on are printed
out allright and then there are places where i get the "?" symbol,
but the lv.php is encoded in UTF-8 without BOM :)

On 15 Marts, 13:36, Scott <scotts...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tony - this is great. Just about to get testing. I have made a post to
> the blog to get other people testing:
>

> http://www.getpixie.co.uk/blog/permalink/pixie-104-alpha-lets-get-tes...

Tony

Mar 15, 2010, 10:22:04 AM3/15/10
to Pixie

Hi all,
Thanks Scott. Just trying to find my second wind to try to cross
everything off on my list of bugs before I can confidently say try to
upgrade.

dExit,
do you have a screen shot? lv-lv.php in 1.04 appears to work perfectly
here.

Thanks,
Tony

d13t

Mar 16, 2010, 6:09:22 AM3/16/10
to Pixie
Hi Tony,

Trying it out, but unfortunately the cms becomes unusable* when
selecting the Dutch language. I tried to select the Dutch language on
install and after install in the Pixie-tab.

*( text isn't replaced by the translation, but left out, there's no
text or buttons

Dieter

Tony

Mar 16, 2010, 7:03:03 AM3/16/10
to Pixie

Hi d13t,
Sorry about that. You've unknowingly found a mysql bug. I just tried
it now using phpmyadmin and mysql refuses to update the field with the
string dutch-nl even if I add it manually. It just updates dutch-
which won't work because it's the file name.
I've changed the file name to nl.php and added the correct name to the
input tags in the installer &mod_pixie.
So this will be fixed in the beta.
Thanks for the report d13t. Glad you caught that one. None of the
other languages are effected.

Thanks,
Tony