Eclipse plugin

Phil Glover

Apr 17, 2012, 2:03:35 PM4/17/12
to PIT Users
Hi all,

I currently have a bit of free time on my hands and would like to help
out where I can. I can spare around 12 hours a week in the short
term whilst waiting for a new assignment.

I'm happy to take a look at the Eclipse plugin if that would be of
use? I'm not an RCP expert by any stretch of the imagination, but
quite happy to try and get something running. Might be a bit rough
and ready in the first instance ;)

If someone else has already made a start or has any ideas then please
let me know.

Thanks,
Phil

PS. When I learned that I had this free time coming up, I'd thought
about working on the Sonar plugin. However, I see I'm now a little
late!

Marcin Zajączkowski

Apr 17, 2012, 5:02:45 PM4/17/12
to pitu...@googlegroups.com
On 2012-04-17 20:03, Phil Glover wrote:
(...)

> PS. When I learned that I had this free time coming up, I'd thought
> about working on the Sonar plugin. However, I see I'm now a little
> late!

You are not the only one :). I also wanted to write Pitest plugin for
Sonar, but Alex was faster. Therefor I started to write Pitest plugin
for Gradle. It is even working for now, but some configuration options
are hardcoded and I need to polish it generally, before make it public.

Regards
Marcin

P.S. It seems to be a good time for Pitest. Ant, Sonar, Eclipse, Gradle
plugins done or being in progress. Anyone wanting to write a plugin for
Idea or Netbeans? :)

--
http://blog.solidsoft.info/ - Working code is not enough

henry

Apr 18, 2012, 1:51:52 PM4/18/12
to pitu...@googlegroups.com
An Eclipse plugin (rough and ready or otherwise) would be great to have.

I'm afraid I have no background with RCP, but if you need any help with the pit side of things please ask.

Thanks

Henry

Matt

May 8, 2012, 6:19:44 AM5/8/12
to PIT Users
Hi Phil,

Have you made a start yet on the Eclipse plugin for PIT as I too was
about to start?

Cheers,
Matt

Phil Glover

May 8, 2012, 7:44:19 AM5/8/12
to pitu...@googlegroups.com

Hi Matt,

Not had as much free time as expected but have made a start.  Coincidentally, I posted the following to Henry earlier today:

"So far, I have Eclipse enabled to launch PIT for JUnit test classes.  Currently outstanding:

  1. Display the results within Eclipse.
  2. Run PIT in background (currently it blocks the UI thread)
  3. Make sure it works with TestNG.  I've no experience of this tool and no test cases to hand.
  4. Maven build not running as smoothly as I'd like.

This week, I'm going to attempt to get the results displayed.  Intention is to get something fully-integrated in the Java editor, but should that prove too tricky I'll just render the HTML reports instead."

Currently have a broken build and will be offline for the rest of the day, but I'm happy push to github later this week if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Phil

Tomek Kaczanowski

May 8, 2012, 8:05:15 AM5/8/12
to pitu...@googlegroups.com
Hi Phil,

> Make sure it works with TestNG.  I've no experience of this tool and no test
> cases to hand.
would you like me to prepare an eclipse project with some TestNG tests
so you could verify if the plugin works?

--
Regards / Pozdrawiam
Tomek Kaczanowski

Matt

May 9, 2012, 5:57:50 AM5/9/12
to pitu...@googlegroups.com, Phil Glover
Hi Phil,

OK, you've got further than me anyway, so I'll park it.  If I can be of any help, let me know.

Cheers,
Matt

Marcin Zajączkowski

May 9, 2012, 6:44:36 AM5/9/12
to pitu...@googlegroups.com
Dnia 9-05-2012 o godz. 11:57 Matt napisaďż˝(a):
> Hi Phil,
>
> OK, you've got further than me anyway, so I'll park it. If I can be of any help, let me know.

Maybe you would like to create a plugin for Intellij Idea instead?

Regards
Marcin

--
http://solidsoft.wordpress.com/ - Working code is not enough