What else is out there?

1 view

The Verve

Sep 6, 2006, 3:03:26 PM9/6/06
to Pinko Marketing Discussion
I'm quite enjoying the interesting conversation taking place in this
group and was wondering what other groups/blogs/sites you guys enjoy?

Jason

Eric Skiff

Sep 6, 2006, 3:17:33 PM9/6/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jason
In particular, I'd strongly recommend reading Tara's blog ( http://www.horsepigcow.com ) if you're not already.

In addition to that, here's some other recommendations that are at least somewhat related that I enjoy regularly.

Or, if you're interested in seeing everything I'm reading, you can check out my blogroll with everything I'm readying here:

http://www.bloglines.com/public/Glitch010101
--
Eric Skiff
Nonprofit Web & Database Admin, Consultant,

Blog    : http://GlitchNYC.com
Podcast : http://AlternativeMusicShow.com
Puppets!: http://FeltUpTV.com

Scott Brooks

Sep 6, 2006, 3:28:40 PM9/6/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Jason,

I know that there is a magnolia group out there for pink ....personally i dont like that program ....but feel free to check out mine
http://bluedot.us/users/scotty,brooks
cheers
scott

Citizen Rogue

Sep 6, 2006, 3:38:31 PM9/6/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
LOL...you needn't 'join' ma.gnolia, but that is where a few people in this group (including me) put their bookmarks...so, you can always pop the RSS feeds into your feed reader (from Scott's bluedot.us and from the Pinko Ma.gnolia group):

(Scott...where is the feed for specifically marketing links? sorry...can't find it)

and

Pinko group: http://ma.gnolia.com/groups/pinko
Pinko link feed: http://ma.gnolia.com/rss/full/groups/pinko

I understand everyone has their loyalties. ;) I like the groups ability and easy feeds feature from ma.gnolia. They do have some serious performance issues to deal with, but we are working with them on that (they are a client). Nice guys, though. Canadians! I know...;)

T.
--
tara 'miss rogue' hunt
agent provocateur

Scott Brooks

Sep 6, 2006, 3:58:19 PM9/6/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
I know you dont need to join ....it just doesn't work for me.

marketing should be mixed in there. .....what i have on my desk top
  • horsepigcow
  • guy kawisaki
  • 37 signals Signal vs noise
  • stowe boyd
  • the long tail
  • ehub
  • thoughtballoons.net ( shameless plug)
  • slashdot
  • gigaom
  • techcrunch
  • tom peters
The funny thing is there is no loyalty in an rss feed for me. i used to be bloglines guy, then switched to google news reader, to netvibes and now to blue dot ......i will be on the next best thing when it comes.
the best right now is my google personalized home page ...... that is why i would never create a product that only targeted the early adopters.

cheers

SCott

/pd

Sep 6, 2006, 6:53:55 PM9/6/06
to Pinko Marketing Discussion
Jason

My public is here:- http://www.bloglines.com/public/PeterDawson

As secondary method, I also have alerts via gmail for specific terms
that I need. For e.g you can have the term" pinko" as part of your
alerts. In this manner, I really get the long tail effect from even
from a "-Z" lister :)- In short, I make and break the alerts based on
situations, patterns and trends of interest.

At another level, we all immerse ourselves in groups like these :)-

..and then I aggregated all the "as it happens" on the web, and auto
pipe into my handheld - for info on the go :)-

The Verve

Sep 6, 2006, 7:32:55 PM9/6/06
to Pinko Marketing Discussion
Thanks for all the great suggestions. Looks like I've got some
exploring to do. = )

Eric Skiff

Sep 6, 2006, 7:41:22 PM9/6/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
Whoo, I was hoping we'd see a few more blogrolls come through once I posted mine :) /pd, I'll be stealing more than a few from yours I have a feeling!

Anyone else want to join in? I'd love to see what other founts of wisdom I'm missing out on!

-E

On 9/6/06, The Verve <jve...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Looks like I've got some
exploring to do. = )

/pd

Sep 6, 2006, 7:55:28 PM9/6/06
to Pinko Marketing Discussion
Eric,

Another is method to physically finger !!

Within groups, I see you have membership to 3 groups-- pinko,
barcampnyc and barcamp. Whenever, I spot interesting seeds of thoughts,
I also take a casual profile lookup. This gives me clues on the extent
of participation with an arena. Spend 5 minutes doing this on a
profile and you will see a wonderfull tapesty forming, as you digg
deeper in and around the profile ...

In one way its social engineering :..which actually can produce the
"medici effect" in terms of interections of thoughts between two
unknowns ! :)-

Scott Brooks

Sep 6, 2006, 8:07:29 PM9/6/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
PD ......jeeze ....i am impressed.......very very impressed
cheers

scott

/pd

Sep 6, 2006, 9:48:20 PM9/6/06
to Pinko Marketing Discussion
Scott, its actually thinking about random thoughts based on core assets
!!

In my world the core assets are "human beings", with the premise that
they live in the "web". These two seed, weird results, and my find's
are at times really bizzare and fun for me. This produces a certain
circle of knowledge which does not fit any thought before..

concrete example for fun :)-

http://www.google.com/search?q=confidential+%22do+not+distribute%22&hl=en&lr=&start=0&sa=N

and then I am asking myself the question -which part of "do not
distribute" --that these folks did not understand ??

Then I find yourself saying - ok so they did not understand- so what
are we to do to make them understand !! IMO, this is a pinko thought
process, because this leads to build pathways to enriched the
communities within the sphere of the web....

I am still learning .. not sure where this journey of mine will
lead..but all I can say its a hecka ride and I am enjoying myself.. and
THAT is PINKO .. !!

Adam Quirk

Sep 6, 2006, 10:00:32 PM9/6/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
http://www.bloglines.com/public/bullemhead

Of interest to y'all will be PAN Biz and NYC folders.

--
Adam Quirk
thepan.org

noel hidalgo

Sep 8, 2006, 1:23:20 AM9/8/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
WOOT WOOT, that's one reader who get's a drink!

ps - if i find out you read my blog i BUY you a beer!

--
noel hidalgo
917.657.6999

Adam Quirk

Sep 8, 2006, 6:44:14 AM9/8/06
to pinkoma...@googlegroups.com
You can buy me a beer, but I think I owe you about a half a pack of cigarettes.

It all comes out in the wash.