Pinguino Beta 7 and birthday !!!

jean-pierre mandon

Sep 6, 2009, 12:54:36 PM9/6/09
to Pinguino
Pinguino beta 7 is available here:
http://www.hackinglab.org/pinguino/download/pinguino%20beta%207/

Select your version ( Linux, MAC or Windows ).

Pinguino was started exactly one year ago. Now it support 18F2550 and
18F4550, a lot of function were implemented but, it's just the
beginning.
A lot of new features will be added, my list is already full !!
Thanks to all contributors and i hope we will have more and more
users.

Roadmap:

already on my desk:
- FreeJALduino integration
- servo-motors function ( already done, to be integrated in the IDE,
4 outputs )
- count on a pin function
- SPI
- shield drawing ( 2,4 Ghz transceiver, ethernet )

for next versions:
- support of PIC32 ( started but hard work !! )
- more and more shields
- new hardware with 3,3V power supply
- new functions in the editor
- example of USB interface with other langages ( LUA, Python )
- how to interface pinguino with other embedded systems ( FONERA,
Linksys..... )
- translation of tutorial in portuguese, spanish and maybe
french.......

I hope you will enjoy the next version.....

Bye

Alberto Smulders

Sep 6, 2009, 1:07:52 PM9/6/09
to pingui...@googlegroups.com
Error trying to download the windows version:

You don't have permission to access /pinguino/download/pinguino beta 7/pinguino beta7 windows.zip on this server.

jp mandon

Sep 6, 2009, 1:10:35 PM9/6/09
to pingui...@googlegroups.com
corrected. sorry i never understood why windows is special :-)

André GENTRIC

Sep 6, 2009, 3:50:02 PM9/6/09
to pingui...@googlegroups.com
jp mandon a écrit :
> corrected. sorry i never understood why windows is special :-)
>
> 2009/9/6 Alberto Smulders <alb...@gmail.com <mailto:alb...@gmail.com>>
Bonsoir Jean-Pierre,
Merci pour cette nouvelle beta et les perspectives prévues. Je viens
d'essayer la version beta7-Windows sans problèmes.
Bonne continuation
André

Tio Peroba Queiroz

Sep 13, 2009, 8:01:58 PM9/13/09
to Pinguino
Bonsoir Jean-Pierre,

Congratulations about your pinguino project.
I suggest to new feature: New hardware with 3.3v power supply to use
the LM317 regulator with jumpers to regulate the powersupply with 5v
or 3,3v. Maybe you can remove the power supply connector of the board
and put an new other to use an 9v power supply.

If you send to me the original files of the tutorial in english I can
translate to Portuguese for you. I´m finish my first board of the
pic18f2550 without smd resistors and now I´m downloading the Pinguino
IDE to test.

I have here Bluetooth serial UART modules what can be a good option to
use at pinguino board but my J2ME knownledge to create an cellphone
interface in Bluetooth is very bad yet.