Tag Combinations

Ian

Jul 12, 2009, 3:23:27 PM7/12/09
to Pinboard
Hi,

Just started using Pinboard today and quite impressed so far.
However, I think the addition of searching using tag combinations
would be very useful. Sometimes it is quicker to find an item by
combining two different tags, rather than looking through all the
bookmarks for each individual tag. Of course you may be able to do
this now and it is an oversight on my part. If so, I would be pleased
if someone could tell me how this could be achieved.

Many thanks

Ian

maciej

Jul 13, 2009, 7:24:11 AM7/13/09
to Pinboard
This is not implemented yet, but it's a feature a lot of people are
asking for. I am thinking of folding tag algebra in to search - you
could have queries like "t:beans -t:rice +t:tomato" and have the
search results filtered appropriately.

I'll update the site blog as I get closer to rolling this out.

Ian

Jul 13, 2009, 10:35:32 AM7/13/09
to Pinboard
Hi,

Thanks for the prompt response. I look forward to the announcement of
the update.

Cheers,

Ian