ANN: Pinax 0.7rc1 released!

Brian Rosner

Sep 3, 2009, 2:10:00 AM9/3/09
to pinax...@googlegroups.com, pinax-c...@googlegroups.com
The Pinax team is extremely pleased to announce the availability of
0.7rc1!
This release is our first (and hopefully last) release candidate for
the final
0.7 release. We have finalized all features that will be in 0.7 and
sorted out
the last of the backward incompatible changes before the final release.

This release does come with some backwards incompatible changes since
beta3.
We made these now because we felt they were critical for calling a
Pinax 0.7
release solid. Here is a quick run down of what these changes are:

* changed the default tab navigation to be ul/li based, rather than
than
table based and switched to using body class to trigger different
tabs
* removed individual context_processors for things like
CONTACT_EMAIL and
SITE_NAME and replaced them with a single
pinax.core.context_processors.pinax_settings
* changed URL of profiles to /profiles/profile/<username>/ (possibly
requiring you to change ABSOLUTE_URL_OVERRIDES)
* extended account capabilities, requiring settings have
ACCOUNT_OPEN_SIGNUP,
ACCOUNT_REQUIRED_EMAIL and ACCOUNT_EMAIL_VERIFICATION set
* decoupled and released staticfiles app from Pinax which includes
the following changes:
- add STATIC_ROOT and STATIC_URL setting analogue to MEDIA_ROOT
and MEDIA_URL
(e.g. http://github.com/pinax/pinax/blob/0.7rc1/pinax/projects/basic_project/settings.py#L51
)
- STATICFILES_DIRS for additional directories with static files
(e.g. project or Pinax)
- change {{ MEDIA_URL }} to {{ STATIC_URL }} in templates when
refering to
app, project or Pinax media files
- change site media urlpattern to (r'^site_media/', include
('staticfiles.urls'))
* moved to a pip based installation for bootstrapping a Pinax
environment
(this may mean some hardcoded paths into the virtual environment
have
changed slightly)
* removed app_plugins — it wasn't needed and added much complexity
to Pinax
that caused much confusion

Hopefully this list complete from a high-level. If you notice anything
or
have questions reply to this thread or ask in #pinax on Freenode.

The release can be downloaded in its normal location http://pinaxproject.com/download/

Enjoy!