Jargons And High Level Languages

spir

Feb 23, 2011, 6:06:28 PM2/23/11
to PiLuD
Hello,

just step by chance upon a post about "Jargons And High Level Languages":
http://xahlee.org/emacs/jargons_high_level_lang.html.
Very interesting. Seems the author's primary intention is to re-place humans
semantics at the core of programming language definition. (Just like me.) I
don't agree with all what he says, sure, but the /intention/ is, I guess, to
highlight precisely what we're missing.
Discussion of this in general, and of particular points, welcome.

Denis
--
_________________
vita es estrany

Raoul Duke

Feb 23, 2011, 6:09:07 PM2/23/11
to pi...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:06 PM, spir <denis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://xahlee.org/emacs/jargons_high_level_lang.html.

hrm, isn't there something like Godwin's Law that as soon as somebody
brings in a reference to xah lee, somebody else has to call somebody a
Nazi, and then somebody else has to invoke the spirit of john harrop
when he was an ocaml instead of F# bigot, etc. etc.?

spir

Feb 23, 2011, 6:25:51 PM2/23/11
to pi...@googlegroups.com

Awa! Didn't know. But, just like in PL design, are we really *forced* to
inherit errors from the past?

Raoul Duke

Feb 23, 2011, 6:31:08 PM2/23/11
to pi...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:25 PM, spir <denis...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Awa! Didn't know. But, just like in PL design, are we really *forced* to
> inherit errors from the past?

hopefully not :-)

i'm tired today so i'm low on optimism wrt there ever being a better
programming language :-(