New team member introduction

Samuel Robert Reid

Oct 30, 2009, 8:13:42 PM10/30/09
to piccol...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to introduce our newest team member, Chris Malley. I've been
working with him for over 5 years now on piccolo-based science eduction
projects at http://phet.colorado.edu/, and he's provided several key bug
reports and patches for Piccolo. He also has an excellent sense of user
interface design, and a great understanding of Piccolo's API and
implementation. So welcome aboard, Chris!

Sam Reid

cma...@pixelzoom.com

Oct 30, 2009, 8:21:58 PM10/30/09
to Piccolo2D Developers
Thanks Sam, glad to be aboard, looking for to more Piccolo use and
contribution.

If anyone is interested in my background, see www.pixelzoom.com. My
company is named PixelZoom, after the overloaded and misunderstood
OpenGL function, which is how I often feel ;-)

Chris

On Oct 30, 6:13 pm, Samuel Robert Reid <Re...@Colorado.EDU> wrote:
> I'd like to introduce our newest team member, Chris Malley.  I've been
> working with him for over 5 years now on piccolo-based science eduction
> projects athttp://phet.colorado.edu/, and he's provided several key bug

Michael Heuer

Oct 31, 2009, 10:48:38 PM10/31/09
to piccol...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chris,

Welcome! Just a few things to note about our development process,
which may or may not be described on the wiki somewhere:

- Try to commit work against some open issue. We're all guilty of
not following this sometimes, especially for e.g. checkstyle-related
fixes.

- When you create a new Issue, leave it as New and without an owner
for a little while to allow for comment before assigning it to
yourself, moving it to Accepted, assigning a Milestone, etc.

- Include the Issue # in your svn commit message, e.g.

$ svn commit -m "Issue 123 ; fixed blah blah..."

- Include the Revision # (either "revision 123" or "r123") as a
comment in the Issue when you commit a fix against an issue. This
allows a reviewer to quickly find the diff and start the code review
process if necessary. I usually just cut n' paste the svn commit
command that gives you the "Committed revision 123" note at the
bottom.

- Fixed issues should be moved to Verified by either the original
submitter or a developer other than the committer of the fix.

- Revolutionary changes should happen on a branch first.

- We don't vote on things very often, it's more proceed until veto.

I'm sure the other devs will chime in if I missed or mis-represented
anything. :)

michael

Allain Lalonde

Nov 1, 2009, 12:45:30 PM11/1/09
to piccol...@googlegroups.com
Hey Chris!

Glad to have you aboard! What kinds of things are you planning to
build or have already built with piccolo?

If you're responsible for any of the pswing improvements, then I tip
my hat to you sir.

Look forward to working with you,

Allain Lalonde

Sent from my iPod

On Oct 30, 2009, at 8:21 PM, "cma...@pixelzoom.com" <cma...@pixelzoom.com

cma...@pixelzoom.com

Nov 2, 2009, 11:39:21 AM11/2/09
to Piccolo2D Developers
I've built many "simulations" for the PhET project, and expect to
build many more. As Sam Reid mentioned, I'm been a contractor for the
PhET project for > 5 years.

Sam has been almost totally responsible for PSwing; my role has been
mostly debugging, particularly on Mac.

On Nov 1, 10:45 am, Allain Lalonde <allain.lalo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey Chris!
>
> Glad to have you aboard! What kinds of things are you planning to
> build or have already built with piccolo?
>
> If you're responsible for any of the pswing improvements, then I tip
> my hat to you sir.
>
> Look forward to working with you,
>
> Allain Lalonde
>
> Sent from my iPod
>
> On Oct 30, 2009, at 8:21 PM, "cmal...@pixelzoom.com" <cmal...@pixelzoom.com
>
>  > wrote:
>
> > Thanks Sam, glad to be aboard, looking for to more Piccolo use and
> > contribution.
>
> > If anyone is interested in my background, seewww.pixelzoom.com.  My

Marcus Rohrmoser

Nov 2, 2009, 11:52:20 AM11/2/09
to piccol...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

welcome at p2d!

To tell a bit about me, I'm mostly interested in the p2d core and svg

I used p2d just once for an experiment (http://jcurl.org) and do
iPhone Software for a living.

But I like the idea of a simple, open 2D scenegraph API vey much, so I
continue to contribute at least with low intensity.

Greetings from Munich,

P.S.: I like the glacier, nice work.