teaching aide

Don

Feb 3, 2021, 2:28:29 PM2/3/21
to Pianotech
Hi,

I bumped into this on one of the tuning groups on face book:

Regards,
mailto:pian...@yahoo.com http://www.donrose.ca/
Box 37181, Regina, SK S4S 7K4
306-539-0716

Joe Garrett

Feb 3, 2021, 4:59:05 PM2/3/21
to pian...@googlegroups.com
Don,
Oh joy. Another internet tinker toy. Problem being with the whole concept is: 1. It's digital, (i.e. square wave), as opposed to the fact that we are dealing with synwaves! 2. It is limited in it's harmonics and range of inharmonicity. Subtones are definitely missing.
Yes, it would help for initial ear training. And, the person responsible for this gave a good disclaimer.
Best,
Joe

Captain of the Tool Police
Squares R I