Pretty good swap meet in the AM over at Indian Bend on 101- ElectronicFest.com

John Aho

Mar 20, 2016, 1:57:52 AM3/20/16
to PHX2600
Electronic swap meet with proceeds supporting Boy scouts

March 20, 2016 @ 5:30 am – 10:30 am
http://electronicfest.com/event/electronicfest/?instance_id=444

What happens:
People drop off old electronics they don't want anymore for recycling at the boyscouts side, If it's not trash they put it onto the slush tables and if it's sweet they put it on the to be auctioned table. You grub through whats available and if its something you can use make an offer. They are pretty reasonable. I've had more than a few 'dang, that's a really good deal' moments there.

Also there are vendors there selling all kinds of connectors, used laptops - desktops and peripherals. Some have stores in other parts of the valley and show up loaded for bear, others are just clearing out some extra crud they have.  If you need a weird connector -you can probably find it here.

So you end up doing loops through it all because new stuff keeps coming in throughout the morning on the boyscouts table.

This happens on the third sunday of the month. During the heat of the summer it's not as well attended and people bail earlier but it's a neat thing to go visit.

Bring cash and small bills especially. ATMs are nearby of course but not right there.

If you have a bunch of computer related stuff to offload, recycle or sell, basically perfect place to do it.

If you need a bunch of computers to test on, to do destructive tests with, make art out of, random network cards not linked to you and other craziness.. Great place.

If you have hoarding tendencies I'm sorry to have told you about this.

~John Aho

marcia wilbur

Mar 20, 2016, 3:56:38 AM3/20/16
to phx...@googlegroups.com
I thought they moved it because I saw a Popeyes there.

hehe
:)

Thanks for bringing it up. I think it was like what $5 for a space back in the day? Same now?

John Aho

Mar 20, 2016, 4:10:01 AM3/20/16
to phx...@googlegroups.com

The website says it's $20 per vendor space now which is two car parking spots. Assuming the website has accurate info of course.

It's on the north side of Indian Bend I believe.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "PHX2600" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/phx2600/CAFXhQuC0eds_UO0%3Dx804odQ0J3EDJnaZrJHbUG_nNp%2BGUv4HPw%40mail.gmail.com.