Rolling Restarts with Passenger 3

Andrew Lippert

Sep 28, 2010, 7:16:53 PM9/28/10
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Hong Li & compatriots - the new Passenger 3 is looking very nice. I
have been looking over the list of enhancements and you've certainly
bitten off a nice chunk of functionality. Congrats o the progress and
thank you for your hard work.

Is there an elegant way to do a rolling application restart with the
latest version? I'd love to be able to eliminate the spawn time
associated with incremental code changes. I'm the only one writing
code and operating our server at this point, so I'd like to do
deployments when the mood strikes instead of collecting up a bunch of
changes and doing a midnight deploy. I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Hongli Lai

Oct 3, 2010, 7:08:20 PM10/3/10
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com

At this time rolling restarts aren't supported yet, but we have
something to show you in the near future. Please stay tuned.

--
Phusion | The Computer Science Company

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: in...@phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 08173483 (The Netherlands)