OXT? (OS eXtensions for boosT)

Samuel Williams

Mar 10, 2009, 4:18:04 PM3/10/09
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Hello,

Thanks for Phusion Passenger, it is really great and makes my life
quite a bit easier.

I have a question regarding the source code. There is a framework
called "oxt". I am wondering if there is any information about who
made this framework, and if there is any "documentation".

It appears as if it is just part of the passenger codebase, because I
can't find any other source repository for just "oxt". Has anyone
considered submitting the changes back into boost?

Kind regards,
Samuel

Hongli Lai

Mar 10, 2009, 4:58:58 PM3/10/09
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com

We made OXT, specifically for Phusion Passenger. You can find extensive
documentation about it in the form of API comments. The Boost library
that we bundle has been modified to make use of OXT.

Regards,
Hongli Lai
--
Phusion | The Computer Science Company

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: in...@phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 08173483 (The Netherlands)

Hongli Lai

Mar 10, 2009, 5:02:58 PM3/10/09
Samuel Williams wrote:
> Has anyone
> considered submitting the changes back into boost?

Actually, we've been asked this question several times by various
people. We haven't tried submitting the changes back to Boost so far
because our changes are not portable and only work on Unix. To get the
changes back into Boost, we'll have to add Windows support at the very
least. This will drain our man power while providing no benefits to
Phusion Passenger, which is why we haven't done it so far.

Regards,
Hongli