Passenger Not Logging

gilma...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2008, 12:54:38 AM12/9/08
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Hi all,

If someone could help me with this it would be much appreciated.

Fresh install of 2.0.5 and rails 2.2.2 on Ubuntu (hardy) but I am
getting a "No such file or directory - /nonexistent" passenger error.

To complicate things I cannot find any definitive error message in any
of my 3 error logs.

My sites-enabled file is:

# vvix.dlinkddns.com (/etc/apache2/sites-available/
vvix.dlinkddns.com)
#
<VirtualHost *>
ServerAdmin x...@comcast.com
ServerName vvix.dlinkddns.com

Options -Indexes
# Indexes + Directory Root.
DocumentRoot /var/www/vvix.dlinkddns.com/ringo/public
# Logfiles
ErrorLog /var/www/vvix.dlinkddns.com/log/error.log
CustomLog /var/www/vvix.dlinkddns.com/log/access.log combined
</VirtualHost>

Hongli Lai

Dec 9, 2008, 6:27:14 AM12/9/08
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
gilma...@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> If someone could help me with this it would be much appreciated.
>
> Fresh install of 2.0.5 and rails 2.2.2 on Ubuntu (hardy) but I am
> getting a "No such file or directory - /nonexistent" passenger error.

Please make sure that your environment.rb is *not* owned by the "nobody"
user or by the "root" user.

This is actually a RubyGems 1.3 bug:
http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=23105&group_id=126&atid=577

--
Phusion | The Computer Science Company

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: in...@phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 08173483 (The Netherlands)

gilma...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2008, 5:42:55 PM12/9/08
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Changed owner to admin user and application is running.

Thank you Mr. Lai...

On Dec 9, 6:27 am, Hongli Lai <hon...@phusion.nl> wrote:
> gilmang...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi all,
>
> > If someone could help me with this it would be much appreciated.
>
> > Fresh install of 2.0.5 and rails 2.2.2 on Ubuntu (hardy) but I am
> > getting a "No such file or directory - /nonexistent" passenger error.
>
> Please make sure that your environment.rb is *not* owned by the "nobody"
> user or by the "root" user.
>
> This is actually a RubyGems 1.3 bug:http://rubyforge.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=23105&group_id...
>
> --
> Phusion | The Computer Science Company
>
> Web:http://www.phusion.nl/
> E-mail: i...@phusion.nl

Dave9191

Jan 3, 2009, 10:50:33 AM1/3/09
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Genius. Thank you very much !
I was banging my head against the wall till I stumbled across this.