Passenger Error #2

Tom

Apr 28, 2008, 6:27:58 PM4/28/08
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Greetings group.

OS: Mac OS 10.5

I have installed apache2 from source and it works well. I have
installed passenger making sure it uses the right apache2.

After configuring apache2 and creating a vhost to point to the public
directory of the rails application, I get this error.

-------------------------------------
Passenger error #2

Passenger thinks that the Rails application's "public" directory is "/
Users/thomas/code/z/store/public", but it doesn't seem to be valid.
-------------------------------------

This is the case for any rails app I try to point passenger to.

I am posting the vhost configuration for this particular rails
application as well.

------------------------------------
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerName store
DocumentRoot /Users/thomas/code/z/store/public
RailsEnv development
<Directory "/Users/thomas/code/z/public">
Options FollowSymLinks
AllowOverride None
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>
RailsBaseURI /
</VirtualHost>
-----------------------------------

The above mentioned rails application is running fine through script/
[Mongrel]server.

Any help/info on the subject is appreciated.

Tom.

Hongli Lai

Apr 28, 2008, 6:34:38 PM4/28/08
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com

Does Apache have read access to /Users/thomas/code/z/store/public? If
not, then you'll see the aforementioned error. In that case, please
solve the permissions.

--
Phusion | The Computer Science Company

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: in...@phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 08173483 (The Netherlands)