Deploying the app to a sub directory

Subbu

Jul 2, 2009, 5:37:59 AM7/2/09
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
I tried deploying the application to a sub-directory. But things
didn't work out of the box. I had to do some modifications. I am just
listing them down here for anyone who is trying to do the same thing:

(Assuming I am deploying the app to /crm)

1. Add "RailsBaseURI /crm" in a new line to apache config file under
"<VirtualHost *:80>"
2. Add this line to environment.rb or production.rb (wherever
applicable):
config.action_controller.relative_url_root = "/crm"
3. In config/settings.yml, under tabs key (line#22) change the URLs of
all the tabs to the sub-dir.

4. On line#237 change "/" to "/crm" in:
new Ajax.Request("/" + controller + "/search", {

do the same change in line#268.

5. rake crm:demo:reload

That should take care of deploying the app to a sub-directory 'crm'.

Subbu

Jul 2, 2009, 5:40:05 AM7/2/09
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
I am EXTREMELY sorry. This message was meant for fatfreecrm group. I
posted here by mistake.