Passenger 2.1.1 beta fails to install Apache module

Attila Györffy

Mar 3, 2009, 7:31:22 PM3/3/09
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
I've recently tried to install and try out the new features in the
2.1.1 beta release but unfortunately the gem failed to install the
Apache module. This never happened with previous versions but 2.1.1
fails with the following message:

/usr/include/apache2/apr_want.h:92: error: redefinition of 'struct
iovec'
/usr/include/bits/uio.h:45: error: previous definition of 'struct
iovec'
rake aborted!
Command failed with status (1): [g++ -I.. -Wall -g -DPASSENGER_DEBUG -
DBOOS...]
/opt/ruby-enterprise-1.8.6-20090201/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/
passenger-2.1.1/Rakefile:191

I've also uploaded the whole process to pastie at http://pastie.org/406636.

BTW I'm using Ubuntu Hardy with REE 1.8.6-20090201 and rake rake
0.8.3.

Now I'm a bit thoughtless, any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks guys,

Attila

Hongli Lai

Mar 3, 2009, 7:38:42 PM3/3/09
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com

I'm on Ubuntu hardy too but I don't get this error. Also, my apr_want.h
is in /usr/include/apr-1.0, not in /usr/include/apache2. Did you install
Apache from source or something? Can you post your apr_want.h somewhere?

--
Phusion | The Computer Science Company

Web: http://www.phusion.nl/
E-mail: in...@phusion.nl
Chamber of commerce no: 08173483 (The Netherlands)

Attila Györffy

Mar 3, 2009, 7:44:24 PM3/3/09
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I've installed it from source, it is version httpd-2.2.11.
Here's apr_want.h:

http://pastie.org/406660

Attila Györffy
http://www.eclips3media.com
http://attilagyorffy.com

Hongli Lai

Mar 4, 2009, 6:14:18 AM3/4/09
Attila Györffy wrote:
> Yes, I've installed it from source, it is version httpd-2.2.11.
> Here's apr_want.h:
>
> http://pastie.org/406660

I've made some changes. Could you try the latest git master version and
check whether it works?

Attila Györffy

Mar 4, 2009, 8:19:46 AM3/4/09
to phusion-...@googlegroups.com
I've just uninstalled the gem and installed the one in the current git
master. The installer fails at the same part:
http://pastie.org/407034

I was wondering if I could install the latest stable release (2.0.6)
but guess what? It also failed.
http://pastie.org/407040

Now what I'm gonna do is:
- install MRI Ruby (to check if the problem occurs with it)
- reinstall Apache from source if the attempts above won't solve the
problem.

If you have any other idea, pls let me know.
Maybe you can spot something in the passenger 2.0.6 backtrace...

Cheers,

A.

Hongli Lai

Mar 4, 2009, 6:53:53 PM3/4/09
Attila Györffy wrote:
> I've just uninstalled the gem and installed the one in the current git
> master. The installer fails at the same part:
> http://pastie.org/407034

Actually, this is a different error. We'll just have to keep tweaking
things until it works.

I made some more changes, could you pull from git and try again?