X-Powered-By and X-Version

John Trupiano

Sep 27, 2008, 11:07:05 AM9/27/08
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
Hey guys,

Any way to unset these headers? I thought if you ran passenger-make-
enterprisey that these headers would be removed (or you would have the
option to at least), but I can't seem to find any information on this.

-John

John Trupiano

Sep 27, 2008, 1:39:44 PM9/27/08
to Phusion Passenger Discussions
I figured this out and thought I'd leave the solution for those
seeking this out in the future. Basically you just use mod_headers to
unset the headers. The following snippet can be done globally or
within a vhost.

# Hide/Remove the Passenger Headers
Header always unset "X-Powered-By"
Header always unset "X-Runtime"

I found that the quotes and [always] were necessary for this to work
properly. fyi, I'm hiding the headers in response to a security audit
that requested we remove this information.

-John