PHP CGI

JochenR

Apr 8, 2011, 1:43:01 AM4/8/11
to PhpForAndroid
Hi,

I would like to use PHP from my web server using CGI.
PhpForAndroid does not seem to include php-cgi. I've tried php-cgi
from http://groomws.info/index.php?title=AndroidNativeBinaries but I
got segfaults when using it apart from very easy scripts.

Are there plans to include php-cgi in upcoming PhpForAndroid releases?
If not is there somewhere a better working pre-compiled php-cgi
version available, or do I have to build one myself?

Thanks in advance.

Bye
Jochen

Ivan Mosquera Paulo

Apr 12, 2011, 4:14:01 PM4/12/11
to PhpForAndroid

On Apr 8, 7:43 am, JochenR <jochen.ru...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hi

> I would like to use PHP from my web server using CGI.
> PhpForAndroid does not seem to include php-cgi. I've tried php-cgi
> fromhttp://groomws.info/index.php?title=AndroidNativeBinariesbut I
> got segfaults when using it apart from very easy scripts.

phpforandroid provides a cli sapi binary, not a cgi one. Compiling a
cgi binary shouldn't be more difficult though.

> Are there plans to include php-cgi in upcoming PhpForAndroid releases?

Not really. We don't need one, SL4A just works with the cli one.

> If not is there somewhere a better working pre-compiled php-cgi
> version available, or do I have to build one myself?

Try to build one yourself. Perhaps It's just the same but changing a
configure param.
http://code.google.com/p/php-for-android/source/browse/php/bionic/COMPILING

> Thanks in advance.

Regards.