nice: phonegap projects work like a charm on iPad

memibeltrame

Jan 27, 2010, 6:45:47 PM1/27/10
to phonegap
So far no problems whatsoever in getting phonegap projects to work on
sdk 3.2 and iPad simulator.

Though full screen mode is somehow missing, it feels neat.

Great!

Shazron Abdullah

Jan 27, 2010, 10:04:52 PM1/27/10
to memibeltrame, phonegap
As a result of the PhoneGapLib work by Jesse, the window xib file was removed, so the webview is created dynamically, filling the screen bounds. I just tested it, it fills up the screen on the iPad simulator, using an iPad target.

You might want to check out the docs about transitioning to a new iPad target from your current one (Right-click on your existing target --> Transition).

If your project is using PhoneGapLib, you don't have to worry about the xib transition business.. (although its not that hard).

A tip for the iPad simulator: Window menu --> Scale 100%.

> --
>
> For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

Jesse MacFadyen

Jan 27, 2010, 11:01:14 PM1/27/10
to Shazron Abdullah, memibeltrame, phonegap
Yeah, I had today in mind when I did that.

Sent from my iPhone

On 2010-01-27, at 7:04 PM, Shazron Abdullah

Peter Cooper

Jan 28, 2010, 12:15:35 AM1/28/10
to phonegap

I'm sure it's just ignorance on my part, but I cloned Phonegap,
started a dummy project, did a build and run for 3.2 on the iPad
simulator and it just comes up as a regular iPhone application within
the iPad window.

What's the easiest way to get it to "fill up the screen" (native res)
as Shazron suggested is possible? :-)

Peter Cooper

Jan 28, 2010, 12:28:03 AM1/28/10
to phonegap

Some head scratching and Googling later I found the solution.. Get
Info on the project, Build tab, Targeted Device Family set to iPad :-)
Hope this helps someone else!

Peter

Phil

Jan 29, 2010, 12:59:30 AM1/29/10
to phonegap
Hmmm thanks for the info but.... I cant find anything in the build tab
anything that is named/labelled "Targeted Device Family"??

Can you elaborate a little more for a noob like me exactly how get to
that in the build tab:)

Phil

Shazron Abdullah

Jan 29, 2010, 2:23:46 AM1/29/10
to Phil, phonegap
Change "Base SDK"

Phil Bosua

Jan 29, 2010, 3:10:53 AM1/29/10
to Shazron Abdullah, phonegap
Thanks heaps.

That made the difference:)

Phil

WebShotsPro.com

Feb 4, 2010, 8:39:09 PM2/4/10
to phonegap
This thread was helpful, thanks!

Does anyone know what it would take to do an iPad 'split view' like
the one shown in the new iPad Mail.app?

http://www.cooltechzone.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/mail-app-ipad.jpg

ie: a scrolling list of items on the left side and when you press one
of the items in that list it opens the linked webpage in the right
column.

Is it possible to put 2 webkit frames into the same view and just
reference 2 different webpages? I am very interested in getting this
functionality into phonegap, as I think it will be infinitely useful
for people who want to quickly create web utilities for the iPad with
a very nice menuing system built in.

I have limited Obj-C knowledge, but willing to give it a try if
someone can push me in the right direction.

Thanks!