Problem running Sample app on Playbook

Jean-Robert Desbiens-Haddad

Feb 23, 2012, 11:31:13 PM2/23/12
to phonegap
Hi,

I am trying to run the PhoneGap sample project on the BB Playbook. I
compiled and loaded the app on Simulator. As soon as the app is
launched, it displays an error message: File System Error - Class file
cannot be found. Thereafter, each time I press a button the calls
PhoneGap API, I get a similar message, regarding different classes.

Noticed there is another phonegap-1.4.1.js file located under
directory "playbook". I modified the index.html file in order to load
this file instead. That time, no more error message, but the PhoneGap
functions don't seem to work at all (nothing happens when I press
buttons).

I am using PhoneGape 1.4.1 with WebWorks SDK 2.2.0.5 and Adobe Air SDK
3.1

Thank you!!

Jean-Robert

Drew Walters

Mar 5, 2012, 3:58:33 PM3/5/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
The sample project was written for the smartphone implementation and
not the playbook. The playbook implementation of PhoneGap, only
provides a subset of the full PhoneGap API currently (No File API for
example). This is why
running the sample on the playbook has issues.