Errors in building latest PhoneGap against iPhoneOS3

Ron Braithwaite

May 1, 2009, 8:24:36 PM5/1/09
to phonegap
OK, I am but an egg. I have not bothered updating to the latest
version of PhoneGap for quite some time (very busy at both work and
home). Since beta 4 came out, I decided to do the whole shooting
match. I started by changing from Brock's certificate to mine and
changing the Bundle Identifier to com.mydietresearch.*

And I get oodles and gobs of warnings (36 of 'em) and 2 errors. The
errors are:

error: property 'webView' attempting to use ivar 'webView' declared in
super class of 'UIControls'
error: CFBundleIdentifier 'com.mydietresearch.*' contains illegal
character '*'

I have to admit that I'm a little worried about that second error. Am
I going to have to generate a new cert?

Suggestions from the collective mind?

-Ron

Giraldo Rosales

May 1, 2009, 9:05:04 PM5/1/09
to phon...@googlegroups.com
You want to just remove the asterisk (*). So it would be:
com.mydietresearch.

-G
LiquidGear.net
iPhone Framework

Ron Braithwaite

May 1, 2009, 9:10:38 PM5/1/09
to phon...@googlegroups.com
On May 1, 2009, at 6:05 PM, Giraldo Rosales wrote:

> You want to just remove the asterisk (*). So it would be:
> com.mydietresearch.

Ugh. I tried that and then got:

Code Sign error: Provisioning profile 'Jade' specifies the Application
Identifier 'com.mydietresearch.*' which doesn't match the current
setting 'com.mydietresearch'

<sigh/> Seems like a catch-22 for using something that was recommended
in earlier releases.

-Ron

fc

May 14, 2009, 12:41:07 PM5/14/09
to phonegap
Did anybody get this error too?
I'm using iPhoneOS3 and I managed to export to the simulator, but once
I tried to run in the device I get :error: property 'webView'
attempting to use ivar 'webView' declared in
super class of 'UIControls'.

Regards,
Filipe

Leo To

May 15, 2009, 1:16:16 AM5/15/09
to phonegap
same here :(

Leo

Shaun Trennery

May 15, 2009, 10:33:17 AM5/15/09
to phonegap
I get the exact same errors and warning count.

Peter Robinett

May 16, 2009, 7:39:48 AM5/16/09
to phonegap
I believe you need to choose _some_ identifier, like so:
com.mydietresearch.myapp. At least, that's what I've been doing with
my starred provisioning profile...

Peter Robinett

Znoopy

May 17, 2009, 3:44:25 AM5/17/09
to phonegap
Ive changed the identifier like below in info.plist but still get the
same errors as above since switching to 3.0. Any ideas? Am I missing
something?

Thanks

fc

May 18, 2009, 12:43:11 PM5/18/09
to phonegap
Did anyone, in the group, manage to export to a device with iPhone
OS3 ??

PanMan

May 18, 2009, 6:42:36 PM5/18/09
to phonegap
I haven't tried building with 3.0, but I have built Phonegap on OS
2.x, and run that on a 3.0 device. That works. As long as you don't
use any new 3.0 features (which aren't in Phonegap AFAIK), there is no
need to build with 3.0. (you do need the 3.0 SDK to test on a 3.0
device, but you can compile a 2.x version with it).
PanMan.

ThinkGareth

May 22, 2009, 6:38:33 PM5/22/09
to phonegap
These guys had the same issue and solved it it seems...

http://groups.google.com/group/three20/browse_thread/thread/bd35d99d0d900ccc

I'm having the same issue. It compiles if you comment it out but
testing with http://phonegap.com/demo2 none of the features work.

Regards,