Sqlite databases on android

morgan

May 19, 2011, 1:17:09 PM5/19/11
to phonegap
I could not find any doc on this anywhere so maybe one of you has
answer..

I have a few tables in my application, most of them require frequent
access.
Each sqlite database as a lock state for all it's tables. Thus I
decided to create multiple databases instances.
This has increased the speed of my application by 2 / 3.

I am trying to do the same on android, whereas I can seem to get a
transaction on each database created after the first one.
Does that mean it is not possible to create multiple sqlite databases
for one application in android.

Thank you for you answers

morgan

May 20, 2011, 4:49:36 AM5/20/11
to phonegap
OK I will answer my own question :

PhoneGap android 0.9.5
Fix for ticket 121: Checking for null return on native openDatabase
call not enough as only allowed one DB per PhoneGap app. Have to proxy
openDatabase and check at runtime.

I suppose this means it is now fixed, but this updates breaks my
Iframes plugin ... any way to patch without updating ?

Simon MacDonald

May 20, 2011, 8:54:36 AM5/20/11
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Yeah, you can grab the source from GitHub for the PhoneGap version you are using and apply the patch manually.

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com