Odd iPhone "Open / Copy" window

RobertEinspruch

Nov 18, 2010, 9:23:48 PM11/18/10
to phonegap
When I press down on an image that serves as a "next" button, I get
the an odd "Open / Copy / Cancel" dialog box. See below:

http://184.106.239.98/truck1.PNG

This only happens when I compile it to the phone. It does not happen
on the web or in the simulator.

http://184.106.239.98/thinkingabouttrucks/html/select_chassis.html

Thanks in advance for the help!!!

Robert Einspruch

Nick McCloud

Nov 19, 2010, 12:05:32 PM11/19/10
to phonegap
It's default functionality for the device and I don't think you can
turn it off. It only comes up if you do a long press.

RobertEinspruch

Nov 20, 2010, 5:23:57 PM11/20/10
to phonegap
Unfortunately when the phone is not responsive the user sits on the
button for a touch too long, and then that odd dialog box appears.

Nick McCloud

Nov 21, 2010, 9:10:20 AM11/21/10
to phonegap
If it's just the one user you are having a problem with either tell
them to stop it, upgrade their phone or cut their fingers off!

ScottP

Nov 21, 2010, 11:08:28 AM11/21/10
to phonegap
You could try some webkit CSS:
Saw these in Jesse's Glovebox code. I haven't really checked to see
if they work or do what you want though.

*{
/* prevent callout to copy image, etc when tap to hold */
-webkit-touch-callout: none;

/* prevent webkit from resizing text to fit */
-webkit-text-size-adjust: none;

/* make transparent link selection, adjust last value opacity 0 to 1.0
*/
-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0,0,0,0);

/* prevent copy paste, to allow, change 'none' to 'text' */
-webkit-user-select: none;

RobertEinspruch

Nov 22, 2010, 12:43:18 PM11/22/10
to phonegap
@ScottP: your suggestions worked perfectly. Thanks!

Robert

wywgong

Apr 24, 2012, 5:21:31 AM4/24/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, The solution works perfectly.

在 2010年11月22日星期一UTC+8上午12时08分28秒,ScottP写道:

Omar Mahboubi

Dec 5, 2012, 4:59:49 AM12/5/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
It works in fact, except for inuput having empty value !!
I had to add a white space in the value property

Before
<input type="submit"  value="" id="bttn" onclick="rideNowBttnClicked()" ></input>
After
<input type="submit"  value=" " id="bttn"  onclick="rideNowBttnClicked()"></input>

Airblader

Dec 5, 2012, 5:58:01 AM12/5/12
to phon...@googlegroups.com
If you're using Phonegap and not PG Build, the cleanest solution is simply preventing it from within the native code.