iPhone - Command /bin/sh failed with exit code 127

acklenx

May 26, 2010, 12:16:38 AM5/26/10
to phonegap
I recently "upgraded" to .90 and now I can't build. I'm not sure what
the problem is. The referenced script only has two lines in it and
the second like is simply "make". make is surely in the path so I'm
not sure why it would be a problem. The referenced directory doesn't
have a makefile... should it? Is there something else missing?

I also modified the pre and post install script to change the line
ending characters to get the install to run at all (how is it that I'm
the only one that experienced that problem?). That seemed to work,
but I can't help but think that something was missed due to this
error.

/Users/quincy/Documents/PhoneGapLib/build/PhoneGapLib.build/Debug-
iphonesimulator/PhoneGapLib.build/Script-3044C11210BC6AEE00581BFB.sh:
line 2: make
: command not found
Command /bin/sh failed with exit code 127

Joe

May 27, 2010, 3:24:42 AM5/27/10
to phonegap
Got exactly the same errors. You are not the only one that experienced
that problem ;-)
Didn't find any solutions.

Natale Vinto

May 27, 2010, 10:08:05 PM5/27/10
to phon...@googlegroups.com
Maybe could be the same issue I had with GUI PATH in Mac OS X. Try to run this AppleScript
to see if /usr/bin/ is in your GUI PATH, cause in Mac system PATH is separated from GUI PATH. If yes, do a

defaults write ~/.MacOSX/environment PATH -string "$PATH"

and reboot. Bye

2010/5/27 Joe <joem...@googlemail.com>

For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go to www.phonegap.com

--
Natale Vinto
http://www.gotext.org

Natale Vinto

May 27, 2010, 10:11:58 PM5/27/10
to phon...@googlegroups.com
You have to look if there is /bin, i confused :)

Greg

May 28, 2010, 2:59:03 PM5/28/10
to phonegap
I also have the same problem. Does someone has found a solution?

On 28 mai, 04:11, Natale Vinto <ebbal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> You have to look if there is /bin, i confused :)
>
> 2010/5/28 Natale Vinto <ebbal...@gmail.com>
>

> > Maybe could be the same issue I had with GUI PATH in Mac OS X. Try to run
> > this AppleScript
> > pastebin.com/3RN5vVrR
> > <http://pastebin.com/3RN5vVrR>to see if /usr/bin/ is in your GUI PATH,
> > cause in Mac system PATH is separated from GUI PATH. If yes, do a
>
> > defaults write ~/.MacOSX/environment PATH -string "$PATH"
>
> > and reboot. Bye
>
> > 2010/5/27 Joe <joemx...@googlemail.com>
>
> > Got exactly the same errors. You are not the only one that experienced
> >> that problem ;-)
> >> Didn't find any solutions.

acklenx

May 31, 2010, 7:14:35 PM5/31/10
to phonegap
/user/bin is in my path (and it is the /user/bin/make that is being
called). I was also able to run make on the "pre-installation" steps
just fine.

On May 27, 10:08 pm, Natale Vinto <ebbal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe could be the same issue I had with GUI PATH in Mac OS X. Try to run
> this AppleScript
> pastebin.com/3RN5vVrR
> <http://pastebin.com/3RN5vVrR>to see if /usr/bin/ is in your GUI PATH, cause
> in Mac system PATH is separated from GUI PATH. If yes, do a
>
> defaults write ~/.MacOSX/environment PATH -string "$PATH"
>
> and reboot. Bye
>
> 2010/5/27 Joe <joemx...@googlemail.com>
>

> > Got exactly the same errors. You are not the only one that experienced
> > that problem ;-)
> > Didn't find any solutions.
>
> > On 26 Mai, 06:16, acklenx <ackl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > I recently "upgraded" to .90 and now I can't build.  I'm not sure what
> > > the problem is.  The referenced script only has two lines in it and
> > > the second like is simply "make".  make is surely in the path so I'm
> > > not sure why it would be a problem.  The referenced directory doesn't
> > > have a makefile... should it?  Is there something else missing?
>
> > > I also modified the pre and post install script to change the line
> > > ending characters to get the install to run at all (how is it that I'm
> > > the only one that experienced that problem?).  That seemed to work,
> > > but I can't help but think that something was missed due to this
> > > error.
>
> > > /Users/quincy/Documents/PhoneGapLib/build/PhoneGapLib.build/Debug-
> > > iphonesimulator/PhoneGapLib.build/Script-3044C11210BC6AEE00581BFB.sh:
> > > line 2: make
> > > : command not found
> > > Command /bin/sh failed with exit code 127
>
> > --
>
> > For more info on PhoneGap or to download the code go towww.phonegap.com

acklenx

May 31, 2010, 7:37:49 PM5/31/10
to phonegap
I finally got it working by building from source. That is I followed
the instructions here:
http://github.com/phonegap/phonegap
which were (exit xcode):

Get the source.
git clone git://github.com/phonegap/phonegap.git

Launch "Terminal.app" and navigate to the phonegap folder (this
folder)
Type in "git submodule init" and press Enter
Type in "git submodule update" and press Enter

Then I followed the "regular instructions". I use the terminal and
typed "make" while in the iphone subdirectory and the PhoneGapLib
directory (and then again in the iphone directory). Then I clicked on
the PhoneGapLibInstaller.pkg file that was created in finder to do the
install. (Note that I didn't have problems with the endline chars
like I did with the pre-packaged file).

I then copied the "PhoneGap-based Application" directory in it's
entirety to a previously created project that at one point worked, but
had started having problems with my previous Phonegap install
attempt. I then started XCode and clicked build and run and it
worked. Now there were some crufty failed builds up there and the
simulator crashed... but once I deleted the other apps on the iphone
simulator it became stable again.