The Rib-Off

1 view

Patrick Rieger

Aug 27, 1994, 2:10:01 AM8/27/94

What's this I hear about the Rib-Off being cancelled? A judge might
stop it due to traffic problems? If he/she does, he/she better not
complain when a bunch of people come down on him/her.
--
* GOING DIAMOND! *
* Patrick James Rieger, patr...@telerama.pgh.pa.us *

John R Groch

Aug 27, 1994, 10:08:04 AM8/27/94
In article <33mlbp$l...@tusk.lm.com> patr...@telerama.lm.com (Patrick Rieger) writes:

>What's this I hear about the Rib-Off being cancelled? A judge might
>stop it due to traffic problems? If he/she does, he/she better not
>complain when a bunch of people come down on him/her.

Actually, the story I read (or maybe saw on tv) is that the county wants
to take 100% of the profits in exchange for permission to use county land
(in the past, profits had gone to charity, which is why the Rib-Off
started in the first place). I can't remember where I encountered this,
but either last Friday's Post-Gazette or this week's In Pittsburgh seem
like likely suspects.

--
Film Studies Program, 526 CL | For your enhanced viewing pleasure, this .sig