It's my pleasure to inform you that the new P-C website (
persian-computing.org) is finally set up and we can start writing the wiki
articles and make a collection of Persian Computing (free/open source)
software on it.
The reason to have (just another) wiki is to:
* Write down the frequently asked questions and answers.
* For example: how we can get Persian keyboard and font installed on some
OS, and the history of these things.
* Maintain a list of project ideas for related topics.
* For example: A web app to convert Perso-Arabic text in "presentation"
forms (U+FB50..U+FDFF and U+FE70..U+FEFE) to logical characters (U+06xx).
(How many times people asked for sucha thing in the past 10 years?!)
* And finally, start a working group to publish quarterly/biannual report
on the state of Persian Computing and the new developments.
== English and Persian Wikis ==
The wikis are reinstalled, but because of security/spam issues (that we
experienced in the past couple of years), account creation is not open to
the public. I will setup an account for anyone who likes to contribute,
just send me an email with your preferred username and list of few pages
you want to start with.
Please note that the we are using Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike
license, so make sure to add the appropriate reference link at the end of
pages, specially when you are copy-pasting content from Wikipedia.
== Design and Logo ==
The general design and logo of the website are just temporary hacks. Please
contact me know if you are interesting in enhancing them.
' بهنام اسفهبد
' Behnam Esfahbod
* .. Persian Internet Society
* ` * http://persian-isoc.org
* o * 3E7F B4B6 6F4C A8AB 9BB9 7520 5701 CA40 259E 0F8B