cPanel Inc chases and shuts down websites with .IR domains

106 Aufrufe
Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Kiomars Pishdadi

ungelesen,
27.10.2011, 17:11:0927.10.11
an Persian Computing
Hi buddies,

They are contacting Web hosting companies, those that are based in US
especially, asking them to terminate cPanel accounts hosintg .IR
domains.

Their reason: http://cpanel.net/sanctions/iran.html (YES! strangely
enough the page is in ARABIC)

It doesn't make sense, it's pure madness! please send them emails
asking for explanations, the sanctions does not have anything to do
with ccTLDs, meaning owning a .IR does not make you eligible for any
US sanction, Google owns google.ir , Yahoo too! selling any software
licenses to either is not a problem, including a cPanel, and I hear US
eased some of the Web-related sanctions, that led to availablity of
Chrome etc for Iranian users, nevertheless code.google.com is still
unreachable for Iranians, well SourceForge downloads too!

On the other hand, it seems like cPanel is the only company which is
taking things "too" serisouly.

Sending an email takes less than 5 minutes.

Mostafa Hajizadeh

ungelesen,
28.10.2011, 06:28:1628.10.11
an persian-...@googlegroups.com
FYI, I've heard you can't use Google Apps with a .ir domain name. So, this is not the only case.

Kiomars Pishdadi

ungelesen,
01.11.2011, 12:35:5501.11.11
an persian-...@googlegroups.com
Connie, thank you.

Mostafa, this is even worse, anyone from Google hearing us?

On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 3:28 AM, Mostafa Hajizadeh <most...@gmail.com> wrote:
FYI, I've heard you can't use Google Apps with a .ir domain name. So, this is not the only case. --
http://groups.google.com/group/persian-computing

Connie Bobroff

ungelesen,
02.11.2011, 04:27:2502.11.11
an Kiomars Pishdadi, persian-...@googlegroups.com
Kiomars,
The cPanel people responded immediately to my email and apologized for the Arabic which they are removing. As for the sanctions, can you provide exact information on which of their services belong to the exemptions category? They seem very interested in listening but they need the exact information.
You may want to open a discussion on the other group,

Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten