Re: POE Memory leaks

Mike Smith

Feb 4, 2008, 3:38:42 PM2/4/08
to p...@perl.org
Hi Ivan,

It's most likely the leak we found in POE::Component::Client::Keepalive.
The problem arises when the connection limit is reached and requests
start getting queued until a connection from the pool becomes available.
The problem is the request context items are never removed from the
queue when requests are satisfied in this way.

Attached is a patch that fixed the problem for us. I plan to work up a
simple case to reproduce the leak and send it to Rocco when I have the time.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mike

Ivan Mitoyarov wrote:
> Hello!
> There is memory leak in little program attached. Command
> ps -axo rss,command |grep tpoe|grep -v grep
> shows constantly growing program's rss while program is running.
> I can't figure out what is wrong with it, please help.
>
> Thanks in advance.
> --
> Ivan.

POE-Component-Client-Keepalive-0.1000.patch

Ivan Mitoyarov

Feb 5, 2008, 2:55:48 PM2/5/08
to Mike Smith, p...@perl.org
Thanks, Mike, it helps!
How did you do that? I mean what kind of debugging technique can help me to
debug such a problems? I've made a little effort to find a leak by myself,
but I've failed.

Thank you.

Michael Smith

Feb 5, 2008, 3:50:33 PM2/5/08
to Ivan Mitoyarov, p...@perl.org
Glad it helped. I used Devel::Leak
,http://search.cpan.org/author/NI-S/Devel-Leak-0.03/Leak.pm, to narrow
it down and then just read through the code to see that items were
getting removed from the various queues when they were used.

Rocco Caputo

Nov 30, 2008, 2:07:43 PM11/30/08
to Ivan Mitoyarov, p...@perl.org
Patch applied, thanks.