Dumb doc question...

Mark J. Reed

Aug 16, 2006, 3:48:14 PM8/16/06
to perl6-l...@perl.org
...which I would have thought was a faq; maybe I just haven't found
the right faq list...

Where can I find a pod2html that groks the p6 version of POD? I want
to format my fresh-from-svn copies of the doc...

--
Mark J. Reed <mark...@mail.com>

Agent Zhang

Aug 17, 2006, 12:46:40 AM8/17/06
to Mark J. Reed, perl6-l...@perl.org
On 8/17/06, Mark J. Reed <mark...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Where can I find a pod2html that groks the p6 version of POD? I want
> to format my fresh-from-svn copies of the doc...

If you mean the POD files of perl 6 synopses, then pod2html only lacks
the support for the "=encoding" directive.

On my (Win32) machine, there's a build.bat to generate HTML from all
the synopses. It looks like this:

call podhtm -s Active.css *.pod
grep -P "text/html; charset=gb2312" *.html | subs "gb2312" "UTF-8"
del *.tmp

where podhtm is a wrapper around a pod2html and subs is a text
substitution utility written by myself.

And there're also an online HTML version of the Perl 6 Spec:

http://dev.perl.org/perl6/doc/synopsis.html

This version automatically updates from the SVN repository every few hours.

Hope these help.

Agent

Thom Boyer

Aug 17, 2006, 1:01:10 AM8/17/06
to Agent Zhang, Mark J. Reed, perl6-l...@perl.org
On 8/16/06, Agent Zhang <age...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 8/17/06, Mark J. Reed <mark...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Where can I find a pod2html that groks the p6 version of POD? I want
> > to format my fresh-from-svn copies of the doc...

And there're also an online HTML version of the Perl 6 Spec:

> http://dev.perl.org/perl6/doc/synopsis.html
>
> This version automatically updates from the SVN repository every few
> hours.

Unfortunately, S29 is not available there -- it only provides a pointer to

http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/docs/Perl6/Spec/Functions.pod

and the pod file just isn't as pretty as the nicely formatted HTML available
for all the other synopses.
=thom
"Adults are always asking kids what they want to be when they grow up
because they are looking for ideas." --Paula Poundstone