Class Methods are inheritable

Stevan Little

Oct 19, 2005, 11:29:40 AM10/19/05
to Perl6 Language List
Just an FYI to anyone who is interested.

I have implemented the basic Eigenclass structure into the most
recent meta-model prototype. It basically looks like this:

Class
^
:
eFoo<.......eBar
^ ^
| |
Foo<.......Bar

This allows for completely inheritable class methods.

However, this does have an impact on the use of custom meta-classes
(see the "Custom Metaclass and Inheritance of Class Methods" thread
for more detail), as well as a speed impact (class creation is now
more expensive because the eigenclass needs to be explicitly created
for each class in order to deal with inheritance properly). As I said
in the svn commit message, it is currently in the "get it working"
stage, I will now clean it up and hopefully speed it up.

Stevan