(Existing) Perl 6 Wiki: (http://perl.net.au/wiki/Perl_6).

Conrad Schneiker

May 23, 2006, 3:42:07 AM5/23/06
to perl6...@perl.org, perl6-l...@perl.org, con...@perltraining.com.au
I was googling around, looking for the most suitable Perl Wiki for a
possible addition of a Perl 6 section, and happened across this site:

Perl 6 Wiki: (http://perl.net.au/wiki/Perl_6).

Their posted policies, FAQ, and (http://perl.net.au/wiki/PerlNet:About),
seem to be very favorably inclined to serving the purposes of recent Perl 6
Wiki proposals made on comp.perl6.lang and comp.perl6.users. (I've cc'd
their contact on this note.)

If previous Perl 6 Wiki proponents are OK with this site, then we could
perhaps post a note on comp.perl6.announce about it, and informally
encourage people to make use of it for the time being.

(And of course, I've already added the above Perl 6 Wiki link to the Perl 6
Users FAQ.)

Best regards,
Conrad Schneiker

www.athenalab.com/ <http://www.athenalab.com/Perl_6_Users_FAQ.htm>
Perl_6_Users_FAQ.htm

www. <http://www.AthenaLab.com> AthenaLab.com (Nano-electron-beam
technology.)

Juerd

May 23, 2006, 5:03:28 AM5/23/06
to perl6-l...@perl.org
Conrad Schneiker skribis 2006-05-23 0:42 (-0700):

That's a nice page, and Mediawiki is a nice wiki. But I'd really prefer
a wiki written in Perl 6, because it's about time we started to show
off. Serving important information with PHP is possible, but there will
be people who will interpret that meta-info.

Besides that, the page is kind of slow... But that could be temporary.

Juerd

Paul Fenwick

May 23, 2006, 4:03:39 AM5/23/06
to Conrad Schneiker, perl6...@perl.org, perl6-l...@perl.org, con...@perltraining.com.au
G'day Conrad and P6ers,

My apology for this being a very brief note. I'm on an interstate training
assignment until the end of the week, and I'm scrounging net access where I can.

Conrad Schneiker wrote:

[snip]

> Their posted policies, FAQ, and (http://perl.net.au/wiki/PerlNet:About),
> seem to be very favorably inclined to serving the purposes of recent Perl 6
> Wiki proposals made on comp.perl6.lang and comp.perl6.users. (I've cc'd
> their contact on this note.)

As one of the PerlNet admins, I'd be delighted if PerlNet was used to assist in
any Perl 6 development, discussions, or other activities. PerlNet exists to
provide support for the Perl community, and if there's anything I can do to make
it more suitable to help the Perl 6 effort, then I'd be very happy to do my best
to make it happen.

All the very best,

Paul

--
Paul Fenwick <p...@perltraining.com.au> | http://perltraining.com.au/
Director of Training | Ph: +61 3 9354 6001