DFA/NFA context is non-local

Brad Bowman

Jan 21, 2007, 7:53:28 PM1/21/07
to perl6-l...@perl.org
Hello,

I'm still wrapping my head around the recent changes to rules but at
the moment I feel slightly uneasy about the context dependence of
DFA prefix mode. The unease hasn't resolved into an example yet,
but my concern is that the interpretation and result of a pattern
varies with the dynamic context of the pattern's use. The examples
I've come up with all seem to work out ok so it's probably just
vestigial pre-r13523 NFA thinking.

Take the longest token, lie down and if the unease persists,
write some code...

Brad

--
... you should practice diligently with the bamboo sword every day.
Superiority is not just a matter of secret techniques