From: r...@rblasch.org (Ron Blaschke)
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 22:26:49 +0200
Local: Wed, May 12 2004 4:26 pm
Subject: PARROT_API, compiler and linker flags (was TODO: Linker magic step for configure)
I have finally sorted out the details of the flags stuff, which I will
present below. Any comments are highly appreciated. Be warned: I am going
to implements this if there are no objections. ;-)
- Targets "shared" and "static" are provided, to build a shared or static
- The following macros will be provided in the Makefile
LDFLAGS_DYNAMIC_USE should contain "-lparrot" or "parrot.lib", or whatever
The name of the parrot library should blend into the current system (and
- When building / using a shared parrot the compiler macro
- When building parrot the compiler macro PARROT_LIB_EXPORTS will be
- Symbols that should be exported are declared as
The definition of PARROT_API is also platform dependent (I've already
- The platform names are normalized to
Platform specifics will be stored in
You must Sign in before you can post messages.
To post a message you must first join this group.
Please update your nickname on the subscription settings page before posting.
You do not have the permission required to post.