new Parrot project manager

Allison Randal

Mar 6, 2007, 4:09:20 PM3/6/07
to p2, perl6-l...@perl.org
We're splitting off the Parrot project manager role from the Perl 6
project manager role, to make better use of the time and energy of
available volunteers. Will "Coke" Coleda has graciously agreed to take
on the PM responsibilities for Parrot, and Jesse Vincent will continue
as PM for Perl 6. Many thanks to both of them for their hard work both
past and future.

On a somewhat related note, Chip has been very much absorbed by work and
life of late, and talking to him on the phone today we both felt it
would be best to let everyone know he's officially on sabbatical for a
while. He plans to return as soon as possible. We've spread much of the
pumpking's responsibilities across the release managers, and any
development questions will be redirected to the architect. I'm impressed
at how the Parrot team has handled losing the contributions of a core
member, rerouted around the loss, and kept growing. My thanks to all of you.

Happy hacking,
Allison