"_group" in library name (was Re: r13272 - in trunk: compilers/imcc docs/imcc src)

Chip Salzenberg

Jul 12, 2006, 9:38:26 PM7/12/06
to Audrey Tang, parrot-...@perl.org
On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 05:29:08PM -0700, aud...@cvs.perl.org wrote:
> * Apply heuristics that tells
> .loadlib 'perl6_group' # HLL dynamic PMCs
> and
> .loadlib 'dynlexpad' # non-HLL dynamic PMCs
> apart, by locating the '_group" substring inside the library name.

Urque, that's really not OK even in the short term. Could you alter it to
use an adverb:

.loadlib 'perl6_group' :hll

please?

PS: yes, I am planning to standardize on lower case for pir directives
PPS: yes, I am planning to let the upper-case ".HLL" work for a -long- time :-)
--
Chip Salzenberg <ch...@pobox.com>

Audrey Tang

Jul 13, 2006, 3:31:32 AM7/13/06
to Chip Salzenberg, parrot-...@perl.org

在 2006/7/12 下午 9:38 時,Chip Salzenberg 寫到:

> On Wed, Jul 12, 2006 at 05:29:08PM -0700, aud...@cvs.perl.org wrote:
>> * Apply heuristics that tells
>> .loadlib 'perl6_group' # HLL dynamic PMCs
>> and
>> .loadlib 'dynlexpad' # non-HLL dynamic PMCs
>> apart, by locating the '_group" substring inside the library name.
>
> Urque, that's really not OK even in the short term. Could you
> alter it to
> use an adverb:
>
> .loadlib 'perl6_group' :hll
>
> please?

Started looking into it, but discovered that Leo has since fixed it,
by having .loadlib
deal with both cases properly, so there's no need for an adverb now.

Thank,
Audrey

PGP.sig