More embedding questions

Isaac Freeman

Jan 16, 2007, 7:56:24 PM1/16/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org
So, for my purposes I need an embedding interface that allows for more
control of the interpretter, e.g. the ability to inspect/modify
namespace(s) and eventually control which opcodes are allowed, or
register callbacks for opcodes (i.e. file access, etc) for security
purposes.

Tackling the first issue for now, I don't see any interface in either
embed.h or extend.h which allows for this, and the examples I've seen
don't show a way of doing this, at least not a way that works with the
current code base. If such a mechanism exists I'd love to hear about
it, but lacking that, I would like some feedback on how this stuff
would be best implemented. I am thinking about writing some functions
which would allow for more control of the namespaces, something like
Parrot_get_namespace and Parrot_define_global, etc.

I thought I'd ask here before just diving into it.

Thanks,

--
James "Isaac" Freeman

Chromatic

Jan 16, 2007, 9:50:19 PM1/16/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org, Isaac Freeman
On Tuesday 16 January 2007 16:56, Isaac Freeman wrote:
\

That's PDD 21, Namespaces, and it's not completely implemented yet. I'll
check in the first part of it in a little bit, as one API change required a
deprecation cycle.

-- c