APL - call for help

Will Coleda

May 9, 2006, 11:07:29 AM5/9/06
to Perl6 Internals
Is there anyone on the list who's actually used APL and is familiar
with it? (Or wants to learn it. =-)

I could use more comprehensive test suite to insure that it's
actually APL that's being written and nothing some similar, but
entirely unlike APL.

This doesn't require any knowledge of parrot, perl, or C; just an
editor where you can read (and write) code like this:

(~ R ∊ R ○ . × R) / R ← 1 ↓ ⍳ R

In lieu of a home grown test suite, a test suite for another APL that
I can run against (even if we can't incorporate it into parrot for
licensing reasons) would also be helpful.

Anyone interested?

(sample code from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APL_programming_language)

Jack Woehr

May 9, 2006, 1:14:07 PM5/9/06
to Will Coleda, VM/ESA and z/VM Discussions, Perl6 Internals
Will Coleda wrote:

> Is there anyone on the list who's actually used APL and is familiar
> with it? (Or wants to learn it. =-)

Will, there's a world of people who know APL who barely know that Perl
and esp. the Perl6
project exist! Ergo, I am copying this note to a list of mainframe
programmers.

Hey, VM guys and gals, this is a request for some Open Source
programming from one of the
most prestigious and hot new projects in the Open Source world, the
creation of the new
Perl virtual machine (sound familiar!?). Read on! You should reply to
Will Coleda (wi...@coleda.com)
are interested.

--
Jack J. Woehr # "Men never do evil so completely and
PO Box 51, Golden, CO 80402 # cheerfully as when they do it from