[perl #40861] [CAGE] - add a Perl::Critic policy to look for FIXME|TODO|XXX

Paul Cochrane

Nov 13, 2006, 9:31:40 AM11/13/06
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by Paul Cochrane
# Please include the string: [perl #40861]

The t/codingstd/fixme.t test only looks in C-language files for
FIXME|TODO|XXX comments. It would therefore be good for the
t/codingstd/perlcritic.t test to check for these comments in the Perl
source files.

Chris Dolan

Nov 13, 2006, 7:26:01 PM11/13/06
to perl6-i...@perl.org, bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org

There is a policy on CPAN to do this:
http://search.cpan.org/~petdance/Perl-Critic-Bangs-0.22/
ProhibitFlagComments.pm

Chris

--
Chris Dolan, Software Developer, Clotho Advanced Media Inc.
608-294-7900, fax 294-7025, 1435 E Main St, Madison WI 53703

Clotho Advanced Media, Inc. - Creators of MediaLandscape Software
(http://www.media-landscape.com/) and partners in the revolutionary
Croquet project (http://www.opencroquet.org/)

Will Coleda

Nov 13, 2006, 8:14:23 PM11/13/06
to Chris Dolan, Andy Lester, perl6-internals List, bugs-bi...@netlabs.develooper.com
Andy, would you accept a patch for this to optionally allow things like:

FIXME (#40123)

but not:

FIXME

Which would allow us to let this slide if someone already opened a
ticket on it? (Probably want to specify the option as an RE)

--
Will "Coke" Coleda
wi...@coleda.com

Andy Lester

Nov 13, 2006, 8:24:18 PM11/13/06
to Will Coleda, Chris Dolan, perl6-internals List, bugs-bi...@netlabs.develooper.com

On Nov 13, 2006, at 7:14 PM, Will Coleda wrote:

> Andy, would you accept a patch for this to optionally allow things
> like:
>
> FIXME (#40123)

No, I don't want to build in exceptions.

However, how about if the RT tickets are noted as "RT #40123", which
is just as easy to find?

--
Andy Lester => an...@petdance.com => www.petdance.com => AIM:petdance

Paul Cochrane via RT

Apr 1, 2007, 6:07:04 AM4/1/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org
On Mon Nov 13 06:31:40 2006, ptc wrote:
> The t/codingstd/fixme.t test only looks in C-language files for
> FIXME|TODO|XXX comments. It would therefore be good for the
> t/codingstd/perlcritic.t test to check for these comments in the Perl
> source files.

Added a check for the Perl::Critic::Bangs module into t/codingstd/
perlcritic.t and if it is installed, the Bangs::ProhibitFlagComments
policy is added to the list of policies. This change was made in
r17925. All FIXME|TODO|XXX comments which have been added to RT should
be replaced with RT#<ticket number>.

Paul