[perl #41158] [BUG] Here Docs in test C<cmp> cause t/op/cmp-nonbranch.t abnormal exit

Lee Duhem

Jan 1, 2007, 1:58:37 AM1/1/07
to bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
# New Ticket Created by "Lee Duhem"
# Please include the string: [perl #41158]

The here docs in test C<cmp> cause t/op/cmp-nonbranch.t abnormal exit,
for example:

$ /usr/local/bin/perl t/harness --gc-debug --running-make-test -b t/op/cmp-nonbranch.t
t/op/cmp-nonbranch....
in file 't/op/cmp-nonbranch.t' line 1264
t/op/cmp-nonbranch....dubious
Test returned status 1 (wstat 256, 0x100)
FAILED--1 test script could be run, alas--no output ever seen

after delete/comment here docs in test C<cmp>, we get this deliberate failure:

$ /usr/local/bin/perl t/harness --gc-debug --running-make-test -b t/op/cmp-nonbranch.t
t/op/cmp-nonbranch....FAILED test 88
Failed 1/88 tests, 98.86% okay
Failed Test Stat Wstat Total Fail List of Failed
t/op/cmp-nonbranch.t 88 1 88
Failed 1/1 test scripts. 1/88 subtests failed.
Files=1, Tests=88, 1 wallclock secs ( 0.19 cusr + 0.03 csys =
0.22 CPU)
Failed 1/1 test programs. 1/88 subtests failed.

Lee

Jerry Gay

Jan 2, 2007, 9:52:14 AM1/2/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org, bugs-bi...@rt.perl.org
these tests pass on windows, so i didn't catch it when i added this
file. it seems there's something funny with parrot heredocs and CRLF.
i don't know if this is expected behavior or not (it's untested.) i'll
have to look further.

in any case, these tests should pass now, in r16381. i fixed this by
setting the eol-style property on the test file to 'native'. thanks
for reporting.
~jerry

Lee Duhem

Jan 2, 2007, 9:31:59 PM1/2/07
to perl6-i...@perl.org, jerr...@gmail.com
On Tue, Jan 02, 2007 at 06:52:14AM -0800, jerry gay wrote:
> these tests pass on windows, so i didn't catch it when i added this
> file. it seems there's something funny with parrot heredocs and CRLF.
> i don't know if this is expected behavior or not (it's untested.) i'll
> have to look further.

I think it's a bug, and I have fixed it in [perl #41165]. Can you test it
on Windows? Thanks

Lee